Large automatic crafting

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to create an automatic crafting system which can take a large number of items.

My problem is that if I have to split all the ingredients in to separate chests, then that's a lot of chests (the intention is to take raw materials and, at the other end, spit out a high voltage solar array ... so you can see that this could get complicated)

However, if I load up a chest with copper and rubber, then it will continue to try and take more of the first ingredient than the automatic crafting table can take ... net result is overflow.

Red Power doesn't work, because it simply "blasts" everything on to the same hole on the table and doesn't give an even spread; eg, take a rubber recipe; 60 copper delivered by red power puts it all on the first copper instance in the stack, instead of spreading it out. That makes using the sorting machine, out of the question ... unless I use the sorting machine to feed a chest that then sucks on to the table.

I've messed around with the "buffer" but there is precious little written about how it works and the messing around I've done with it so far, hasn't yielded the results I've wanted; it still goes through the entirity of one item before moving on to the next ingredient.

Any ideas please?

For some reason, typing "log" is not showing any logistic pipes in the NEI.

I have "additional pipes" on the server, but not anything to do with "kraft" pipes.

Is this a mod that will be released with the next version of the Tekkit server please?

I don't usually make a habit of loading extra mods for the fear of messing something up, so if someone can give me some guidance please, I'd be grateful.

Its complicated, there is no way around that.

I built one of these using EE collector arrays that could produce better than 1 solar panel a second, and a HV array every 512 seconds.

Of course i did have to use the annoying buildcraft autocrafting tables, but everything else was redpower.

(incidentally, tell me how EE is not OP if i can make a solar panel a second out of nothing)

Here are a couple tricks.

Use chests next to the table, put the resources in the chest, then the table will pull from that, in the correct ratio, when it crafts something.

Use retrievers to pull the correct ratio of stuff for each panel.

For an advanced tactic, use energy links instead of redstone engines to pull out of the table, if you feed it even 1 eu/t it pulses BC power every tick, pulling something out of the table every tick.

Here are a couple tricks.

Use chests next to the table, put the resources in the chest, then the table will pull from that, in the correct ratio, when it crafts something.

Use retrievers to pull the correct ratio of stuff for each panel.

For an advanced tactic, use energy links instead of redstone engines to pull out of the table, if you feed it even 1 eu/t it pulses BC power every tick, pulling something out of the table every tick.

Wow. I'll try the chest next to the table.

Retrievers. I tried those, but with two items in the box, when I supplied it with a tick, it only pulled the item that was closest to it in the chest; it didn't pull any of the second item. I must be doing something wrong.

Energy links ... I'll give that a try; redstone engines are great but in a large array like this they have been complicating things.

I didn't want to use the EE Collector to do this; that's toooooo easy :-)

Wow. I'll try the chest next to the table.

Retrievers. I tried those, but with two items in the box, when I supplied it with a tick, it only pulled the item that was closest to it in the chest; it didn't pull any of the second item. I must be doing something wrong.

Energy links ... I'll give that a try; redstone engines are great but in a large array like this they have been complicating things.

I didn't want to use the EE Collector to do this; that's toooooo easy :-)

Yeah, retrievers only pull one stack, so you probably need multiple retrievers.

I agree collectors are way too easy, incidentally, i am working on one that uses UU matter instead.

I'm not using the energy links correctly, and I'm not turning up any tutorials that show how to use them to pull off the recipe tables. (you can imagine the number of wrong search hits for "energy link") Can you tell me how it is done please?

its not exactly a glitch, but i doubt you will find any tutorials on it.

Put the link next to a wooden pipe that comes out of the table.

It only takes a minimum of of power to provide the effect, i just had a batbox that fed my 30 or so links.

If this doesn't work post a pic of what you are trying and ill take a look.