Servercraft (Tekkit 2.1.1 -> 3.0.3)

My server is being run by a company called Servercraft. Seeing as how I'm not an expert at running servers, I much prefer to let somebody knowledgeable do everything for me. So, I had one of the Servercraft admins install Tekkit for me.

So. Long story short. Am I required to get the admins to update to 3.0.3 before the client updates go out? Or do I have some time on this?

Your users can manually set the Tekkit version to 2.1, even after 3.0.3 is promoted to the "recommended" build. This gives you a little extra time to convert your world to Tekkit 3.0.3.

Warning: the conversion process for existing worlds is non-trivial at present. Someone may write a tool to automate this, but right now there are at least *some* manual steps which require some computer know-how.

Your users can manually set the Tekkit version to 2.1, even after 3.0.3 is promoted to the "recommended" build. This gives you a little extra time to convert your world to Tekkit 3.0.3.

Warning: the conversion process for existing worlds is non-trivial at present. Someone may write a tool to automate this, but right now there are at least *some* manual steps which require some computer know-how.

All right. I'll let someone figure out a better (read: automatic) world converter before I screw with it then.