decompile modpack.jar?

sanhome_ui

No.

Pick the mod you want to take a look at the source of and decompile it with MCP, forge, and modloader.

Don't try multiple mods at once, it makes it exponentially more complex.

Some mods have the source posted, so it's better to take a look at that instead of decompiling.

Technic is just a mod pack, the team just took the mods as offered by the makers (and bukkit porters) and changed their config files to make everything play nice. So there is nothing in modpack.jar that isn't already in the various mods themselves.

I'd like to put up a situation I'm in right now:

I'm making a mod for TEKKIT 3. It involves utilizing aspects of various mods and combining them to make stuff. For example, I utilize computers, IC2, and buildcraft in a few items. My item needs to accept both EU and BC pipes, and take input from a computer. Since Tekkit uses a couple of tricks to get the mods to work together, it would be nice to have relevant code, instead of code from separate mods.

I'd like to put up a situation I'm in right now:

I'm making a mod for TEKKIT 3. It involves utilizing aspects of various mods and combining them to make stuff. For example, I utilize computers, IC2, and buildcraft in a few items. My item needs to accept both EU and BC pipes, and take input from a computer. Since Tekkit uses a couple of tricks to get the mods to work together, it would be nice to have relevant code, instead of code from separate mods.

Please read what Neowulf posted. There isn't anything special that Tekkit does when it comes to the code. Modpack.jar is mostly any of the frameworks that are prerequisites that the mods need (modloader, forge, CodeChickenCore, etc).

What specific "tricks" are you talking about?

If you want to do a crossover you'll just need the relevant API's/sources.

I haven't looked at buildcraft yet, but as the source is available it's probably easiest if you just make one decompile if IC2 for reference, and one copy of MCP with the IC2 API and buildcraft source/API added in for compiling.

• 3 weeks later...