New here, need a little help in Tekkit.

I'm trying to construct a sorting and storage facility on my server. The issue I've run into is with buildcraft. Is there anyway to set up a system that identifies if a chest is full and redirects to another destination? My Cobblestone storage is full and I want it to automatically redirect to an incinerator if the storage is full but instead of detecting it just drops the item when it reaches a full chest. Thanks in advance.

Or put obsidian pipes or a block of similar function under where it drops items and redirect that to your incinerator. Learning Redpower tubes would probably be better but the aforementioned solution may work for you for an already established system.

You could play with distribution pipes (not sure if they're still in), or consider installing the logistic pipes ad-on for Build craft. As of the current versions of BC and RP, though, RedPower wins on the pipe routing front. Items will wait for a valid inventory to open up before trying to traverse red power tubes. Build craft pipes will pull from an inventory as long as they are powered by an engine. There are uses for both of them, but, at least for right now, I'd recommend using RedPower for most of your item shuffling needs.

P.S. If you're interested, look into the many ad-ons for buildcraft pipes. Many of them are quite well implemented.

You could play with distribution pipes (not sure if they're still in), or consider installing the logistic pipes ad-on for Build craft. As of the current versions of BC and RP, though, RedPower wins on the pipe routing front. Items will wait for a valid inventory to open up before trying to traverse red power tubes. Build craft pipes will pull from an inventory as long as they are powered by an engine. There are uses for both of them, but, at least for right now, I'd recommend using RedPower for most of your item shuffling needs.

P.S. If you're interested, look into the many ad-ons for buildcraft pipes. Many of them are quite well implemented.

No. Logistics pipes and such are SSP only.

No. Logistics pipes and such are SSP only.

Ah, I didn't realize that. I've seen some vids on them and they looked pretty well coded. However, like I said RP2, is the way to go right now. That may change in the future if Logistic pipes and pipe logic gates (the name of the ad-on escapes me) get updated to SMP, but we'll have to wait and see.

Pipe logic gates are part of BC3, also SSP only. BC2 is SMP.

I hope logistics pipes and BC3 become SMP too and I hope that it'll be easier to create pipe systems that don't drop items and reroute them like tubes do because having items drop out when chests are full is such a pain.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up reconstructing the entire system out of RP machines and pipes. It still uses a relay to connect the BC quarries tho. I'd like to use RP for the quarries but creating a mobile quarry platform with omni directional frame engine is....challenging >_<

a mobile quarry platform with omni directional frame engine is....challenging >_<

You just need to know the basics to do it. The digging head must move sideways and down and the output is huge, so tube accordingly. The rest is figuring out the order to do it.

You just need to know the basics to do it. The digging head must move sideways and down and the output is huge, so tube accordingly. The rest is figuring out the order to do it.

The digging head and drill itself is simple enough, the only thing I'm having trouble with is creating the engine to move it. I intend to have the drill a completely mobile platform that separates from the sorting facility and then docks with it to offload what it has drilled. I know there are some tutorials on youtube for omni engines but I want one as compact as possible. >_<

I did see the one linked to from the RP wikia and I really want to recreate the compact one shown in the beginning of that video but I'm not sure how >_>

The digging head and drill itself is simple enough, the only thing I'm having trouble with is creating the engine to move it. I intend to have the drill a completely mobile platform that separates from the sorting facility and then docks with it to offload what it has drilled. I know there are some tutorials on youtube for omni engines but I want one as compact as possible. >_<

I did see the one linked to from the RP wikia and I really want to recreate the compact one shown in the beginning of that video but I'm not sure how >_>

thats the one I've used with some modifications to fix it getting stuck without power when going up and down. Shame that wireless redstone is so fucked up and tends to break. My platform dug something like 100 chunks then the forward movement wireless receiver was stuck on constantly. Removing it and replacing it just had it go back on instantly. After I replaced that it started to crash anyone around it if you moved it. At first I thought it was due to items entering the chest and moving it at the same time, but even after removing the chest it likes to crash. Just the fuckedupness of minecraft I suppose. Need to see if the latest bukkit version of redpower will fix it, but we don't have it installed yet.