Sticky Buttons are Stuck!

Update: The problem seems to have something to do with the distance traveled. I tried a short teleport link and the button doesn't get stuck, then a teleport link of 500m in 2 opposite directions and the same button gets stuck.

If you press the button when no one is near to be teleported then the button doesn't get stuck.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm scratching my head trying to figure this one out. I have almost the exact same set up with most of my teleporters, but on this one the buttons seem to keep getting stuck down. Logging out and in fixes it but then so does destroying the button.

The first picture is of the stuck teleporter, the destination is roughly 500m away to another teleporter that doesn't seem to get stuck also gets it's button stuck trying to come back.

The second picture is a teleporter right above the one having difficulties, its destination is only about 50m away but both are exactly the same as far as I can see, but this one doesn't get stuck.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any support.

botteleport.png

topteleport.png

Note: I have tried changing the set up multiple times but the buttons keep getting stuck, the reason I don't want to use pressure plates is because there's not really any way to get out of the pod without standing on the pressure plate again and sending you back without making it look awkward and having to use additional redpower tools.

Your problem is the MFSU is giving off a signal. Presumably because it is full on power.

Thank me later.

So a redstone signal is coming out of the mfsu into the teleporter into the wiring and powering the circuit to overload the button? This doesn't explain why the other one works and this exact same one doesn't, and if I had to use up all the power in a teleport that would suggest teleporters are only 1 way since one would always generate power faster than the other. :/

Tried moving the mfsu and tried it at night with mfsu at low power, still sticking.

Any other suggestions you have will probably help lead to an answer, so thanks so far. =)

• Forum Administrators

And here I thought I was genius. Damn. :smith:

When you say sticky button you mean you press it once and it doesn't pop back out? Because that is weirrrddd.

When you say sticky button you mean you press it once and it doesn't pop back out? Because that is weirrrddd.

Yea, it only pops back out after I destroy the button, restart the server or after a couple of minutes but it will only get stuck to begin with if someone is actually teleported, no teleport = no stick.

Since its the exact same set up as my other ones, I can only thing theres something really dumb that I've missed even though I've checked it 10 times over or that it has something to do with the massive distance being traveled.

Otherwise, the only option will be to make both teleporters 1 way to similar locations.

As I thought... but was hoping it wasn't. It must have something to do with the distance. Just made a short teleport and the button isn't getting stuck, then made a new teleport in the far destination and another far one in the opposite direction and both times the button is getting stuck again. -_-;;

botteleportshort.png

Try installing a few chunk loaders to keep things active as it looks like it is unloading the chunk before the button pops out. Or install a delay with a few repeaters and other redpower logic so it will not instantly teleport you until the button pops back out.

I can confirm that this problem may sometimes occur and a repeater is often the suggested course of action. It worked for me when I ran across this problem once but I've often been able to just use simple wire.

Try installing a few chunk loaders to keep things active as it looks like it is unloading the chunk before the button pops out.

I don't know what a chunk loader is, could you explain it to me? Sorry. =/

I can confirm that this problem may sometimes occur and a repeater is often the suggested course of action.

Well the button isn't stuck anymore, but now the repeater is! xD

botrepeater.png

• Forum Administrators

Chunk loaders are called Teleport Tethers.They force a chunk to stay loaded even when the player is farrrrr away. ~Magic~

Try a RP2 repeater directly underneath the button with no wiring. Just throwing things against a wall and seeing what sticks. Also, try the repeater with different delays and try the MFSU on the side opposite of the redstone signal (with repeater and without).

You need a button with several repeaters, and even then it might get stuck. We had this issue in the beginning on our server and used either a button with several repeaters or a lever with a pulse former after it. Both seemed to do the trick. This was in tekkit 2

edit: Now that I test it I can't get the repeaters to work. But a lever and a pulse former does work.

Though here is how you can do it with a button. That's an AND gate. Seemed to work. Or not, sheesh.

EJJgn.png