Tekkit server hosters

I use to have daddy cheese not much support also the lag was terrible

I went to fragnet they are awesome just a click of a button and tekkit installs for you also other mods like dynmap. Their customer support is awesome they are little pricy but eh you are paying for quality they give you a free mumble server 10 slot. They have Mymyadmin also FTP access

I have a 3gb server with them

Iam very happy with them so far

Here is their link

http://clients.fragnet.net/aff.php?aff=316

Try minecraftdirect, they have great service and help with plugin configuration also. (I'm a sysadmin for them and I run a tekkit server, so you can request "tyrantelf" to help you. I know how to set tekkit up correctly.)

http://hosting.minecraftdirect.com/aff.php?aff=018

Would you also help us learn how to configure and admin the server with things like permissions and whatnots? we've been researching some hosting so we can publicize our server. Right now it's just running off one of our members computer and his ISP has refused our SSH connections so we can't do any kind of maintenance.

Try minecraftdirect, they have great service and help with plugin configuration also. (I'm a sysadmin for them and I run a tekkit server, so you can request "tyrantelf" to help you. I know how to set tekkit up correctly.)

http://hosting.minecraftdirect.com/aff.php?aff=018

Two questions:

Do they offer Team Speak servers? I didn't see anything on there.

Do you know if they accept Paypal? It's currently my only form of online payment.

I'm looking to start a server here when Tekkit 2.0 is fixed up again. I was looking at Kurplunc but I am also looking for anything good. I looked at Fragnet which seems to have everything I need at a better deal than Kurplunc did but I prefer to explore all options I can.

Any other useful information would be appreciated as well.

Would you also help us learn how to configure and admin the server with things like permissions and whatnots? we've been researching some hosting so we can publicize our server. Right now it's just running off one of our members computer and his ISP has refused our SSH connections so we can't do any kind of maintenance.

Yes, I would help with setup and learning how to manage it. Thats part of my job :P.

Two questions:

Do they offer Team Speak servers? I didn't see anything on there.

Do you know if they accept Paypal? It's currently my only form of online payment.

I'm looking to start a server here when Tekkit 2.0 is fixed up again. I was looking at Kurplunc but I am also looking for anything good. I looked at Fragnet which seems to have everything I need at a better deal than Kurplunc did but I prefer to explore all options I can.

Any other useful information would be appreciated as well.

1) It's basically a full VPS, you can setup a teamspeak server on it. A lot of our clients do, I help with it's setup also.

2) They do accept paypal, thats how most of our clients pay.

If anyone wants to talk to me, you can get on our servers teamspeak at "iongaming.org" and ask to talk to "tyrantelf" (It's Tyrant, like a dictator, and elf, like the mythical creature)

I think they could use some improvement on their website/info. If you hadn't been suggesting it, I would have moved on. I did a knowledge base search for "Payments" and received no useful information. I'll let you know after Tekkit is released again anyway. Thank you for your help.

I think they could use some improvement on their website/info. If you hadn't been suggesting it, I would have moved on. I did a knowledge base search for "Payments" and received no useful information. I'll let you know after Tekkit is released again anyway. Thank you for your help.

What do you want on the front page? We are planning on a redesign, but the knowledge base is still unused, as it's fairly useless to 99% of people. If you have any suggestions for the knowledge base, that would be great, too.

Well, the page that you directed me to looks like one of those random search engines that pops up when you mistype a URL. A better header than "Portal Home". I see several options including "Order" with no indication of what exactly I'm ordering. Though when I look at it, from the main page, the site you should have directed me to was the "Minecraft Servers" page that you get to by going to the "Packages" link or the "Order" link from the page you directed me too. A bit of color always helps. The Home page looks alright, but a little more info such as a FAQ would be useful. Most potential clients will move on rather than send an email for simple questions on information that should be readily accessible.

Anyway, Those were the few things that I noticed. Not much, just simple things.

On a separate note, is the MCMyAdmin needed or is this mostly a recommended tool? I'd like for this to be as simple as possible but I'd also like to understand better what I'm getting myself involved in.

If you got some basic Linux knowledge and can spare the time to install,configure and maintain a Minecraft server,

I´d rent a dedicated server, especially if you plan to setup teamspeak, webpage etc.

If you want others to do most of the basic work maybe http://treepuncher.com is interesting, tekkit install option included.

But most hosts also don´t list the complete hardware specs of their servers,only the RAM assigned...

If you go for this (http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex4) dedicated server (europe) for example you get top notch hardware including lots of DDR3 RAM...

Well, the page that you directed me to looks like one of those random search engines that pops up when you mistype a URL. A better header than "Portal Home". I see several options including "Order" with no indication of what exactly I'm ordering. Though when I look at it, from the main page, the site you should have directed me to was the "Minecraft Servers" page that you get to by going to the "Packages" link or the "Order" link from the page you directed me too. A bit of color always helps. The Home page looks alright, but a little more info such as a FAQ would be useful. Most potential clients will move on rather than send an email for simple questions on information that should be readily accessible.

Anyway, Those were the few things that I noticed. Not much, just simple things.

On a separate note, is the MCMyAdmin needed or is this mostly a recommended tool? I'd like for this to be as simple as possible but I'd also like to understand better what I'm getting myself involved in.

MMA is a fantastic tool.

Okay, I also have just ordered from MinecraftDirect! Now when I clicked on the product details, on the bottom where it says status, it says pending. So do I wait for it? LOL im just confused sorry if I seem incompetent ???

I found out today that they are currently out of server space and will be up next week. if you have questions open a ticket, I got a response within a few minutes.

I found out today that they are currently out of server space and will be up next week. if you have questions open a ticket, I got a response within a few minutes.

I sent a ticket marking it as medium, and it's been half an hour, no reply. Also, it says next billing day is on the 24th of next month, did i just get scammed out of a week's worth of server?