Minecraft Planning Software

perpetualgamer

Does anyone know of some software similar to the Minecraft Structure Planner that is slightly more updated, or regularly maintained? The last update for MSP was June, 2011. I'm not asking for the worlds greatest builder tool but anything similar but more up to date would be fantastic. It would also help if it had features that made it easy to design cities in it, AKA multiple structures.

Primarily it has issues with java7, rendering it extremely useless. I have a batch file to run it with java 6 but I just kinda wish deep inside that I could use new blocks, and also wish it had some more features, like stamping stuff into the current project. So instead of creating 3 projects for 3 structures, build 2 structures in a projet and stamp a prebuilt bridge in-between them.

Fundamentally it works fine, some compatibility issues and a feature-set improvements, are all I was hoping. To be honest, I didn't think anyone would be able to turn up something, because I haven't been able to google it, and I try to think I'm smarter than the average Keller.

I'm sure if you really wanted to take some time, you could use (hear me out here. this may be ridiculous, but it could work) Lego's Digital Designer program. As long as you got it set in your head which LEGO bricks correspond to which blocks, you could plan MC builds in LDD. Remember though, Lego bricks aren't quite perfect cubes.