Equivalent Exchange Missing In 3.1.0(Development)

Well, no. Tekkit 3.1 will most likely still use 1.2.5 because as far as I know it's just going to be an update/fix for existing mods. Also if you look at the history of Tekkit the number (Tekkit, Tekkit 2, etc) goes up with the release version. So Tekkit 4 may be for Minecraft 1.3 as they will need to wait for all the mods to update, then see what ports to bukkit, then see what works with what, then try and get it all to work together without exploding in a violent rage of stubbornness. That is going to take a lot of time. So I am expecting to see the next update of Tekkit to be 1.2.5 which I'm fine with. By the time we're ready for Tekkit 4, we will probably see a number of hotfixes by Mojang that will have ironed out or at least put a healthy dose of Spackle over any bugs that come out with 1.3.

Personally 3.1 scares me. So much can go wrong and given Mojang's history and skill level, it's going to hurt real bad. I think we're going to see a lot of people get upset because with all the new framework going into Minecraft to support local LAN play, a lot of people are going to see drops in performance, which is going to spread rage and confusion quicker than Beiber Fever (same thing really).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this affects me absolutely 0% because I use MCNostalgia to just play the versions I like. :> If 1.3 fucks up badly, back I go to 1.2.5.

The great part about the launcher is that you won't even need to mcnostalgia that. You can just keep playing what you like.

• 5 months later...