Equivalent Exchange Missing In 3.1.0(Development)

I was just browsing the forums a bit and looking at information for the upcoming versions of Tekkit/Technic, and more in particularly any news about EE 3 and the balancing issues that are needed. Before I speak, I am sorry if this is classified as a necro post, but there was something that I felt must be said.

I don't typically join in on forum discussions because I like talking to people online about as much as I like ripping out my own eyes, (which seems like a good option right now), but I would just like to come to the defense of @SuperXElite.

He stated an opinion, one that was quite valid, and not a repeat of something previously stated in his topic, regardless of where that notion may have been stated elsewhere on the internet, his opinion and idea was something not unreasonable, and was something new to this topic, which is independent of other conversations.

To criticize someone in such a blatantly rude way when they have not shown stupidity or similar vulgarity is by no means a fair response or treatment, and it is this type of toxic internet user that gives forums like this (and many others) a bad name, not to mention the internet in general.

Additionally, to point out a flaw in the offenders own arguments that I feel he should be aware of, stating that you saw a particular comment or notion about "x times this month" is by no means a valid defense of your statement. This is a conversation about the possible removal of the Equivalent Exchange mod from the Technic Launcher, and as such any statement for or against its removal or edit are valid. Certainly if you were in a conversation about say, a music band, you would not criticize someone for expressing their opinion that a certain song/bandmember/album should be removed or edited or never have been inserted into the bands repertoire, even if (especially if!) that argument had been expressed numerous times by other individuals?

Honestly, if this wasn't the internet and it was all possible, SuperXElite has more than enough right to punch you in the mouth.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*stuff*

Honestly, if this wasn't the internet and it was all possible, SuperXElite has more than enough right to punch you in the mouth.

Suggesting that violence is the acceptable conclusion to any argument, online or otherwise? You just invalidated your entire argument.

Suggesting violence doesn't invalidate anything. Violence is often used as the answer to many debates, and it makes the violent no more or less justified.

However, maybe I should have worded myself slightly different. I was not stating that "punching him in the mouth" was the solution or conclusion to any argument, I was pointing out that if this was a real life situation, and he had acted or spoken this way outside of the internet, the person he would be talking to would probably punch him in the mouth, and very few people would be surprised or angry at that outcome.

Let's just take that apart, shall we?

Suggesting violence doesn't invalidate anything. Violence is often used as the answer to many debates, and it makes the violent no more or less justified.

So you didn't mean what you said in that second quote? Resorting to violence often indicates that the debate is over, and the person resorting to violence has lost. Real life debates may include insults and mockery, but physical violence is illegal for obvious reasons. "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."

...I was pointing out that if this was a real life situation, and he had acted or spoken this way outside of the internet, the person he would be talking to would probably punch him in the mouth, and very few people would be surprised or angry at that outcome.

The person he was talking to was mature enough, unlike you, to realize that jakj's response probably had a cause, and to conclude that he had good reason for saying such things, and to question them, with words. That's how we start, participate in, and conclude arguments and debate. We're adults.

I was just browsing the forums a bit and looking at information for the upcoming versions of Tekkit/Technic, and more in particularly any news about EE 3 and the balancing issues that are needed. Before I speak, I am sorry if this is classified as a necro post, but there was something that I felt must be said.

Someone needs to pump up his ego. This should be mildly amusing.

I don't typically join in on forum discussions because I like talking to people online about as much as I like ripping out my own eyes, (which seems like a good option right now), but I would just like to come to the defense of @SuperXElite.

I agree. Rip out those eyes! You'll be more successful than defending some dude on the internet who has the foresight of a mole. To save you the trouble, moles are almost blind. See what I did there? I'm hilarious!

He stated an opinion, one that was quite valid, and not a repeat of something previously stated in his topic, regardless of where that notion may have been stated elsewhere on the internet, his opinion and idea was something not unreasonable, and was something new to this topic, which is independent of other conversations.

In this thread no. But this argument has been argued to death over and over both here and in IRC and probably all over the Minecraft community where Technic/Tekkit is related. So he's repeating it, we're repeating the argument, and he's repeating the argument of the argument. I could go on, but I'm going to try and be gentle on your ripped out eyes. You've ripped them out at this point, yes? Not only that but he's wrong in the fact that most manufactured items, save maybe 3 or so cannot be duplicated in a condenser. There are a ton of these items that are useful and although the raw materials of these items can usually be conjured up from the magic donkeys butthole, they still need to be processed and assembled. So, he's sort of wrong in his opinion, thus making it even more invalid and stupid. You're defending stupid people now Mr. Mole. How's that eye ripping option looking? HA! I just can't help myself! Ripping... eyes. No one?

To criticize someone in such a blatantly rude way when they have not shown stupidity or similar vulgarity is by no means a fair response or treatment, and it is this type of toxic internet user that gives forums like this (and many others) a bad name, not to mention the internet in general.

Are you new here? These forums aren't for the faint of heart. If you don't have the skin to handle someone getting in your internet face, sling their epeen across your cheek in a friendly duel of the internet where everyone is right and only the weak are wrong, then you've decided to place an even weaker argument on the table than that related to Equivalency Exchange. Not only that, but you had to awaken a thread from a month ago to say it. Are you looking for a fight? Did it just SCREAM at you that this guy needed defending a month ago? Are you some kind of internet defender who finally came across this file and went, HOLY BALLS I'M LATE! Better late than never? Not in this case.

Additionally, to point out a flaw in the offenders own arguments that I feel he should be aware of, stating that you saw a particular comment or notion about "x times this month" is by no means a valid defense of your statement. This is a conversation about the possible removal of the Equivalent Exchange mod from the Technic Launcher, and as such any statement for or against its removal or edit are valid. Certainly if you were in a conversation about say, a music band, you would not criticize someone for expressing their opinion that a certain song/bandmember/album should be removed or edited or never have been inserted into the bands repertoire, even if (especially if!) that argument had been expressed numerous times by other individuals?

What the hell are you babbling on about? You must be new here because this is a common debate from morons who don't fully understand what the development build is about. Everytime EE disappears from a build people either get chubby's in their pants or rage against the machine. It's not going anywhere until the RECOMMENDED BUILD releases without it, then you'll know for absolute certain that it's not in. Jakj is right in every aspect to be frustrated at every moron who argues with him because even if it was in or out, you always have the option of disabling it if you don't like it, which pretty much goes for most of the technic/tekkit packs respectively. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Here's a tip for you and everyone that you defend over the internet. It is not the job of the TEchnic/Tekkit creators to maintain balance between mods. It's up to you or the server administrator (respectively) to determine what you want and what you don't want in the game. This whole argument you've constructed is full of hot air.

Does this mean I have the right to kick you in the groin repeatedly until your balls fall out of your nostrils? Just curious as to the extreme we're going to determine the translation of nerd rage to physical violence.

Also, you're a fucking moron. Do us all a favor and stop posting. Or I'll start posting more and no one wants that.

So if one wanted to find legitimate Tekkit news, as well as ways to donate, etc, I'm assuming these forums are not that place =P.

There are places on the forum you can find it. The site is getting revamp'd and questions will be a TON easier to both browse, search, and ask. It's gonna be sweet, trust me. These guys (not the morons in this thread, with exceptions) are amazing at what they're doing.

There are places on the forum you can find it. The site is getting revamp'd and questions will be a TON easier to both browse, search, and ask. It's gonna be sweet, trust me. These guys (not the morons in this thread, with exceptions) are amazing at what they're doing.

I see. Thank you.

So basically, foolish user whoremoans about EE not being in the DEVELOPMENT BUILD, e-police come out of the woodwork and get coherently beaten down and told to fuck off. They continue to whine about muh rights and muh feelings and get put down again.

Status? Viciously told.

I see. Thank you.

You're welcome! Thank you for being awesomely polite. You're a keeper.

So basically, foolish user whoremoans about EE not being in the DEVELOPMENT BUILD, e-police come out of the woodwork and get coherently beaten down and told to fuck off. They continue to whine about muh rights and muh feelings and get put down again.

Status? Viciously told.

Something like that, only it's even easier. People typically don't understand that DEV means in-testing, so when something isn't added, or something was added and then later removed, people make decisions based on whatever they want to make decisions based on. In this case, they were super happy that EE was gone and jumped to that conclusion. It's a minimum of once a week someone asks if EE has been removed from Technic/Tekkit based on either the build itself, or something they saw on the forums (re: this thread) without reading through. Spark debate, enter facts, facts dismissed for opinions, rage, machine, eskeet everywhere, cigarettes are had.

What were we talking about again?

People typically don't understand that DEV means in-testing,

From what I can tell people seem to have gotten some strange idea that the dev build is some super mega secret thing that, if you find it, grants you ultra-exclusive access to the next version of the modpack before anyone else.

From what I can tell people seem to have gotten some strange idea that the dev build is some super mega secret thing that, if you find it, grants you ultra-exclusive access to the next version of the modpack before anyone else.

I remember the first time I chose a dev build of Technic... it was vanilla. I will forever play that to figure out what secrets the dev team is hiding from me!

This is amazing, and I'm going to use it.

Use it, abuse it, do whatever you want to do with it. Just get tested before you do anything with it, because I have no idea where it's been or where it came from.

I don't think that was being polite. I think it was bitter 'I've lost' sarcasm.

Well, maybe. But I'm all about the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe it was politeness due to post-defeat, we'll never know! But you can't expect people to take your hand when you're holding sharp pointy sticks. You have to offer an olive leaf first for them to trust you. Then when you've earned that trust, you crush them and make soup from their tears. Goes extremely well with garlic bread.

Well, maybe. But I'm all about the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe it was politeness due to post-defeat, we'll never know! But you can't expect people to take your hand when you're holding sharp pointy sticks. You have to offer an olive leaf first for them to trust you. Then when you've earned that trust, you crush them and make soup from their tears. Goes extremely well with garlic bread.

I just assume everyone on these boards is a prepubescent MCF user. I've hardly ever been wrong. See, I don't make soup from their tears. I just stab them and use their blood to flavor my bread. I have simple tastes.

Well, lots of big companies with big games over-dramatize their beta tests (which are half demos and half PR shows, at times), so the modern shallow-thinking PC gamer ends up treating any development release or snapshot in exactly that way. They've somewhat been trained to it.

I just assume everyone on these boards is a prepubescent MCF user. I've hardly ever been wrong.

Well there are a lot that filter through here from MCF and those who have filtered through the Yogscast, which are mostly MCF users. But there is the Technic Rebellion that is here to fight the MCF scourge. I don't think we're well organized though and most of us hide in IRC or in our own respective hidey holes. But the resistance is resisting and we're resisting it well. Also yelling at people on the forums who are primarily MCF users is kind of like yelling at the mentally retarded. It's fun, but really easy and after everyone is done laughing you kind of feel bad for 'em.

Well, lots of big companies with big games over-dramatize their beta tests (which are half demos and half PR shows, at times), so the modern shallow-thinking PC gamer ends up treating any development release or snapshot in exactly that way. They've somewhat been trained to it.

Yeah, actually that's pretty spot on except the key terms are different. I see the developmental builds more of an Alpha test, and the time right before it goes to the rec build the beta. Similiar to what they did with the Tekkit 3 release. But you've got a point.

EE has its good points and bad points.

However, EE is as good as the server admin sets it, sure people say "OMG U R CAN MAKE SO MANY DIAMONDZ!" - and yes this is true, however if the server admin made the machines less effective (via the .props file) this solves the issue of spewing out diamonds at an alarming rate.

Where can you find this prop file? I've looked at every file and I dont see the option to edit this. I've left relays enabled on my server, but people get bored way to fast due to how quick they gain items.

Edit: Nvm, I found it. Its in the Mods_EE.Props and its named "machinefactor=#"

What, August 1? Geez, this ought to be an interesting few months.

(Where do you get this information, anyway? I'd rather gouge out my own eyes than try to wade through the tide of irrelevant crap that is either the official twitter feeds or the MC forum.)

I am so torn right now.

On the one hand, I'm a cynical bastard who thinks August 1 is rushing it, and is actually mildly insulted by the "Valve time" comment, because while Valve games may be delayed and never have a 3 attached to them, they actually work when they come out.

On the other hand, I'm so weary of being cynical. (I'm not this way by choice, you know.) The idea of a smooth, working Minecraft, to me, is a fond fantasy I feel I'm always seeing glimmer and twinkle where the ocean meets the sky.

*sigh* Here's to hoping...I guess.