Equivalent Exchange Missing In 3.1.0(Development)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[DELETED MESSAGE DUE TO UNWORTHINESS]

EDIT: The reason the message was removed was because of my stupidity of asking for ETA. Which is why i originally just deleted the post but it seems to have caused problems. So ill just put this here so everyone knows.

Yes. 3.1.0 is development build, mods can come and go but EE will always stay.

To be fair, I don't recall them saying it will always stay. I do believe I've read affirmations that it will stay in the next installment (I have definitely not heard otherwise) but every mod has the capacity to be booted as we operate on the whims of the Technic gods.

I [hope] [Equivalent Exchange] doesn't come back... It's way [too] [overpowered] for SMP and bypasses all anti griefing. [Disabling] items just makes players [bitch] at the admins

Just edited my post to remind everyone that the bypassing griefing protection is solved regularly by our own community, and a simple search will get you to the thread. This griefing accessibility is more by administrative incompetence than poor hindsight.

It isn't allowed here to ask for an ETA. You'll be frowned upon asking for ETA's by the moderators on this forum. I'm pretty sure of that. It's ready when it's ready.

I fail to see how this is finding out for an ETA, I was merely asking why it was taken out.

disabling items just makes players B1tch at the admins :/

Oh, you poor widdle baby. Do the mean Minecraft fans yell at you too much so it makes you feel sad and lonely? Because maybe nobody gives a fuck about your server's issues except your server's population. And, y'know, player choice is hard.

"Take it out for me so I don't have to listen to people complain when I take it out myself." Best argument ever, really.

Oh, you poor widdle baby. Do the mean Minecraft fans yell at you too much so it makes you feel sad and lonely? Because maybe nobody gives a fuck about your server's issues except your server's population. And, y'know, player choice is hard.

"Take it out for me so I don't have to listen to people complain when I take it out myself." Best argument ever, really.

I don't understand why you have to reply in such a rude manner. It's not pleasant towards anyone. The only reason i was wondering was because I've seen multiple threads about EE2 regarding if it was going to be kept or not. That's all.

Also i wasn't complaining as you portrayed it within your post. I was simply stated my opinion on the matter.

No need to be all insulting...

SuperXElite asked about an ETA before he edited out his post.

Yea, the reason I removed it was so that I don't get warned by moderators/administrators of the forums. so I just simply changed it.

I don't understand why you have to reply in such a rude manner.

Maybe because your argument for its removal (or lack of reinsertion, if you prefer) was not only inane, it was about the ninth time I've seen it in the past couple of months. And it was just as inane all those other times, too. The idea that someone wants a thing removed from a pack, a thing that can be easily individually disabled or removed by every single person who doesn't like it while being kept by every single person who does like it, is just infuriating to me. It shows overweening self-concern and an inability to function in society.

Maybe because your argument for its removal (or lack of reinsertion, if you prefer) was not only inane, it was about the ninth time I've seen it in the past couple of months. And it was just as inane all those other times, too. The idea that someone wants a thing removed from a pack, a thing that can be easily individually disabled or removed by every single person who doesn't like it while being kept by every single person who does like it, is just infuriating to me. It shows overweening self-concern and an inability to function in society.

I also think it should be removed. We're right and you're wrong.

EE has its good points and bad points.

I'm somewhat on the fence about EE - for example:

EE would be great if CPW did not just do a carbon copy port, but instead improve the port somewhat in order to add support for bukkits BLOCK events (setting them cancelled for example) ofc i am thankful that he has ported it at all!

However, EE is as good as the server admin sets it, sure people say "OMG U R CAN MAKE SO MANY DIAMONDZ!" - and yes this is true, however if the server admin made the machines less effective (via the .props file) this solves the issue of spewing out diamonds at an alarming rate.

End of the day EE is a fantastic mod and massive kudos to the people who made it - it just needs refining a little.

However, EE is as good as the server admin sets it, sure people say "OMG U R CAN MAKE SO MANY DIAMONDZ!" - and yes this is true, however if the server admin made the machines less effective (via the .props file) this solves the issue of spewing out diamonds at an alarming rate.

This would work if we were using EE standalone; the most effective EMC generation has always been exploiting the differences between a base and refined product, which is not supposed to happen but does via our mods. Server owners would have to disable the maceration of Blaze Rods, Bonemeal, the ability to milk cows automatically, and I believe the fire charge recipe.

When you do this, people get pissed. Not to mention the vast power of the end-tier items, which normally get disabled due to their ability to wreck havoc on the entire map (a concept designed for SSP). What do you have then? A slow way of making extra dirt, [sarcasm] which is exactly why people love EE. [/sarcasm] It's much easier to explain to someone that EE is removed or there entirely than mention it's edited all to hell; people resist change of this magnitude.

My opinion on the largely discussed mod and about it being kept or not is in no way representing my personality or who i am as you've stated "It shows overweening self-concern and an inability to function in society." In fact it shows why a lot of people live miserable lives because of bullies; people who yell or hurt others without good reason and just for their own pure pleasure AKA Trolls.

Also I have removed it from my server, and have left a simple auto message explaining the reason it was removed. The only reason I mentioned that players bitch at admins was because retards create "grief" teams to prove why it was a bad idea to remove it but, it just gives me more reason to never enable it and also ban them.

You also stated "is just infuriating to me" I understand that everyone can get very angry and frustrated at points but that's no reason to explode and take it out on people you have never met before.

There is no right or wrong. The removal of this is just a matter of opinion, not an answer.

EE has its good points and bad points.

I'm somewhat on the fence about EE - for example:

EE would be great if CPW did not just do a carbon copy port, but instead improve the port somewhat in order to add support for bukkits BLOCK events (setting them cancelled for example) ofc i am thankful that he has ported it at all!

End of the day EE is a fantastic mod and massive kudos to the people who made it - it just needs refining a little.

You do bring a good point and it does make more sense to keep it, but just the admins that don't support it can remove it. and i DEFINITELY agree with refining. The mod has gone a long way but its still too unbalanced for regular use.

It takes way too much time for admins to setup and fine tune everything at this point so its just better to wait a bit so that it's a lot more stable.

The technic devs seem to think that it should be included. Interestingly enough, that makes your opinion seem a little bit insignificant.

What do you have then? A slow way of making extra dirt, [sarcasm] which is exactly why people love EE. [/sarcasm] It's much easier to explain to someone that EE is removed or there entirely than mention it's edited all to hell; people resist change of this magnitude.

I have the EE Machines in my server set to only 4x their normal workload, not 16x as per default, and as World Anchors are allowed on my server, this stops players getting a very large amount of items by using a energy condenser and some relays while they are offline.

The problem i have found with the mods in Tekkit, is that you can create near enough everything in game within a few days, and you can get bored of the mods quite quickly, so any attempt to keep players on the server for longer (aka waiting for longer to get materials) is a plus for me.

Everyone has their separate way of attempting to fix a problem :)

The problem i have found with the mods in Tekkit, is that you can create near enough everything in game within a few days, and you can get bored of the mods quite quickly, so any attempt to keep players on the server for longer (aka waiting for longer to get materials) is a plus for me.

Bam! right on the spot! exactly one of the other main issues with EE. It renders other mods useless in the sense that you have to work for the hard materials. But with EE you can just make about everything in the game within 1 - 2 days including IC and more..

WHICH DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU CAN TURN IT THE FUCK OFF oh my god.

YOU CAN TURN IT OFF.

That means it doesn't matter.

It's OFF.

Keep your Jesus off my penis and I'll keep my penis off of you. Bonus points if you get the reference. Extra bonus points if you realize how stupid the discussion is and just go away.

Turning it off does not solve the problem, there are other methods out there to attempt to help fix the problem while still having EE enabled, which i was pointing out in my prev posts - people that still want EE will just have to put up with its so-called "issues".

As i've already said, the mod is fantastic and grats to the people who have made it, im sure that SuperXElite also thinks the same of EE, i do not understand why you are getting so angry at a civilised and calm discussion.

I turned it off as well. On my old server I had ee enabled (or most parts of it), since I thought it helps the people to build much cooler buildings etc. Like a little bit of creative mode. But it just lead to people, building more and more HV-Solar arrays and spamming ressources, beeing bored and quit.

Now I disabled it, and somehow the people became much more creative, build nice looking villages and also the whole economic system makes much more sense and fun. But yea, that alone wouldn't justify to remove EE completely from the pack. So here comes another argument for removing EE completely:

To have free item id's which you could use to add other mods that might work nicer with the other mods in tekkit.

To have free item id's which you could use to add other mods that might work nicer with the other mods in tekkit.

I assume you mean block IDs, because item IDs are not in short supply. At least you have a valid argument (until Mojang finishes their fix, anyway), rather than "waah I want my users to yell at Technic intead of me because I am like little babby man".