elt358

Creating my own modpack

10 posts in this topic

This is my first time making a modpack, and I have run into an issue. First off, when I was dowloading my pack to test it, I got an error saying:

Error downloading a file for the following pack: Simple RPG by elt358

Failed to download https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kql90uaxmo1jm4/Simple RPG.zip?dl=0

Please consult the modpack author. I have tried changing the dl=0 to dl=1 but when it gives me the error it still says dl=0. What should I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, elt358 said:

This is my first time making a modpack, and I have run into an issue. First off, when I was dowloading my pack to test it, I got an error saying:

Error downloading a file for the following pack: Simple RPG by elt358

Failed to download https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kql90uaxmo1jm4/Simple RPG.zip?dl=0

Please consult the modpack author. I have tried changing the dl=0 to dl=1 but when it gives me the error it still says dl=0. What should I do?

Wait longer till that link actually gets synced. It is not update and immediately done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! that worked well and it downloaded, but when I try to test it, it loads up and then exits out with no error message. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, elt358 said:

Thank you! that worked well and it downloaded, but when I try to test it, it loads up and then exits out with no error message. 

Which probably means incorrect mod versions or missing dependencies. But since someone decided to not update the link on the launcher yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaariAtmc said:

Which probably means incorrect mod versions or missing dependencies. But since someone decided to not update the link on the launcher yet...

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg5fb9rerbhttlv/Simple RPG.zip?dl=0 this is the new Dropbox, and the link for the launcher is http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/simple-rpg-by-elt358. Hopefully, that's what you mean. Thank you for your help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, elt358 said:

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg5fb9rerbhttlv/Simple RPG.zip?dl=0 this is the new Dropbox, and the link for the launcher is http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/simple-rpg-by-elt358. Hopefully, that's what you mean. Thank you for your help!

 

Hmm, no missing things there, could load it without issues.

That doesn't mean it is going to work for anyone else, because there are some issues:

- Bibliocraft is from some shady source, download it from here instead: http://www.bibliocraftmod.com/downloads/

- You didn't zip the pack correctly, you need to directly zip the bin/config/mods folders, not the folder they're in (current situation: .zip -> folder -> bin/config/mods | needed situation: .zip -> bin/config/mods).

- The dropbox link didn't update on the launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried using my other computer to see if the modpack worked there and it is working perfectly fine! It must just be a problem with this computer. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Trigufy
      I've made a Tekkit Classic Server. I'm having trouble adding plugins. I'm aware its due to Tekkit classic is a older version of minecraft. I'd like to know how I can add these plugins or what I have to do.
    • By Mr.Redstone
      Hello fellow Modders/Programmers/Players
      I would like to know how I can Code my own mods I know a bit of Java and Think I might be able to do it but I don't know how to get started I have searched and searched the web but can't find anything   Please help.
      Signed, Mr.Redstone
    • By Mr.Redstone
      Whenever I load up my modpack everything seems fine EXCEPT when i load up the game it says at the bottom left corner: Minecraft 1.11.2/${version_type} and doesn't load ANY of my 32 mods Please Help!! (I attached the latest log for the modpack.)
      latest.log 
      -- Modpack log
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgvty11i2zuo36z/Launcher Log.zip?dl=0 e
      -- Launcher Log
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn4c8s0k94r1yfn/2017-07-24.png?dl=0
      -- Screenshot of Problem
    • By FavianReaper
      I have been trying to download a mod pack but everythime it opens minecraft and starts downloading it crashed.
      Pic of error - https://gyazo.com/1065454fbd49675cac35042b91f231b0
      crash report - https://pastebin.com/zAV4DgEb
    • By TheRaafz
      I try to open Tekkit Legends, but when I press the Play button, the launcher closes, and it tries to iniciate the modpack, but then it throws me back to the launcher without opening the modpack.
      I've tried to download again all the technic stuff, but the problem still occurring.
      logs : http://paste.ubuntu.com/25122779/
      Thanks for the help.