Why is the launcher game separate from normal Minecraft?

Jeddostotle7

Question

10 answers to this question

... because you run Technic/Tekkit from the launcher, and it uses its own files without touching the standard vanilla installation. Hell, even the "vanilla" option in the launcher is separate from the regular /.minecraft folder.

It is the way it is because it's ten times better and easier to maintain, while still allowing you to do whatever you want with your vanilla installation.

... because you run Technic/Tekkit from the launcher, and it uses its own files without touching the standard vanilla installation. Hell, even the "vanilla" option in the launcher is separate from the regular /.minecraft folder.

It is the way it is because it's ten times better and easier to maintain, while still allowing you to do whatever you want with your vanilla installation.

I agree, otherwise you would have to switch them out for each mod or uses another 3rd party program to do it. I like this way of handling it a lot better personally.

• Forum Administrators

Exactly what they have already said.

There is zero reason for us to directly modify a vanilla Minecraft installation, and quite a few benefits doing it the way we are doing it.

That makes sense, and I'm a lot happier now that I know you can install more mods (as long as they're compatible).

That being said, I installed TooManyItems (1.1 version, as needed), but it doesn't work. I mean, it works, as in I can see all the items and stuff, and all the special modifications and stuff made special for it for Technic Pack (I think), but it doesn't work as in the only thing I can't do is spawn items.

That being said, I installed TooManyItems (1.1 version, as needed), but it doesn't work. I mean, it works, as in I can see all the items and stuff, and all the special modifications and stuff made special for it for Technic Pack (I think), but it doesn't work as in the only thing I can't do is spawn items.

Oh god, I don't even know what to do with this.