Disable MV and HV solar panels

W

In an attempt to actually calm the passion of this thread a little bit, here is something interesting that was said:

Bolded for emphasis

The solar panels are designed to be a cheap way to produce renewable energy with two drawbacks: they only produce EU during the day and they take up a tons of space when dealt with in large numbers (leading to more resources put into cables).

I don't want to see ONE small little box embedded in the roof of some forest-hut producing more energy than my 3 nuclear reactors. I want to see a big array (a real one) of panels

, like it is done in the real world. Now, i believe the standard solar panels takes up a little too much space, making LV solar arrays the excellent choice for me.

You wanna make solar power the only source of energy to your jungle-cabin? Fine, but you better have your backyard filled with them or they are not going to help you.

So he has an interest in seeing the footprint for EU production of a solar farm thats on par with a nuclear reactor be more "realistic" to "real life" compared to the footprint of a nuclear generator.

Do we all agree? Clearly no. Would your or I prefer a small 1 block/8 block solution for the same EU production? Clearly yes. But the wonderful thing about all this is we don't have to play on his server! :-D

So regardless of if we think its silly/stupid/illogical/whatever adverb you like to implement this change to his server. Its all ok.

Cake for everyone!

I understand the general principle and what I'm getting at is that it's stupid, or he's stupid, or he's got a small wang and that other guys wang is bigger. I don't know, I just haven't ever seen someone work against being efficient, unless they've got a touch of the downs and just don't understand. I can live with that, but he's clearly... well, he's questionably intelligent and although there is a doubt, I'm giving him the benefit of being intelligent.

It's not hard to figure out and you don't need a server bogged down with a bunch of LV solar panels. I call it math, simple math at that. You want to know what the footprint of one HV array is? Ok. Let's do math!

8 solar panels + 1 LV Transformer = 1 LV Array.

8 LV Arrays + 1 MV Transformer = 1 MV Array. (8lv = 1mv)

8 MV Arrays + 1 HV Transformer = 1 HV Array. ((8lv * 8 = 64lv = 8mv = 1hv)

We're just looking at the following 8^x equation, starting with x being 0.

Totals:

1HV Array =

8 MV arrays

or

64 LV arrays

or

512 Solar Panels

So you can just put in your head that when you see an HV solar array, you're really looking at a 8x8 block of LV arrays, or approximately 12 LV solar flowers with a couple extra depending on the setup. Because these arrays do not provide any bonus and you end up actually using up more materials initially (cost of the transformers per array), there is no need to run this real time on a server, unless you want to see how bad you lag out your server. So either a stress test wasn't done prior to server setup, or W is lazy. Either way, stupid.

This whole 'experiment' or whatever is pointless. Either that, or W just has a inferiority complex because his Nuke reactors are being dwarfed by a single cube. Guess what, that's called being an efficient motherfucker. Either learn from what others have done, or stick your head in the sand and prepare to hear muffled laughter.

This is absolutely ridiculous! the man just want's to disable some features to make the server HE wants. and after all, isn't that the whole point of a server? to add something to MP that you would like to experience. if he wants to produce lag, that is his choice, and you aren't going to persuade him otherwise. he recognizes you have valid points why can't you do the same?

I think it is you who has

got a touch of the downs
(classy touch on that insult) if you feel that you're way is by nature the right way. even if he is wrong, for producing lag on his own server, you are every bit as wrong for dragging this on, and ultimately, waving your dick around as if you were crowned king of the internet

Can we just send this to P.A.I.N.S and call it a day? ;p

I already won, no point.

This is absolutely ridiculous! the man just want's to disable some features to make the server HE wants. and after all, isn't that the whole point of a server? to add something to MP that you would like to experience. if he wants to produce lag, that is his choice, and you aren't going to persuade him otherwise. he recognizes you have valid points why can't you do the same?

His points aren't valid, they're stupid. I hate stupid. So should you.

I think it is you who has (classy touch on that insult) if you feel that you're way is by nature the right way. even if he is wrong, for producing lag on his own server, you are every bit as wrong for dragging this on, and ultimately, waving your dick around as if you were crowned king of the internet

I am king of the internet. It's good to see other are finally jumping on board with it; however, it probably won't last much longer as this is no longer entertaining. It's only fun when the bug you're sticking keeps wiggling around and I think he's finally just conceded and has accepted that he is a failure of all things man. He is probably trying to figure out the least efficient way to off himself at this point and unless he posts about it there is nothing I can do to save him. I only say this because taking your own life is a poor decision and he seems to revel in making poor decisions. It's clearly the logical outcome here.

holy are you ever cynical! can you honestly say because a few of his points aren't valid that he is a miserable idiot? this entire post he has done nothing but try to figure out the answer to his question. invalid as it may be, his politeness and reason at least deserves a straight answer. try being the solution rather than the problem

EDIT: and they call me the stupid newbie

Woah. Guys. Why all the hate? Good Lord. Here's his reasoning: He thinks it's stupid that you can have 1 block that is producing more energy than his nuclear reactor. The reason he says it's unbalanced is because Nuclear Power requires a LOT of resources and effort to get working, and takes up a lot of space, and one block that uses cheap resources (face it, coal, iron, and diamond are easy to come by) is outclassing his expensive nuclear power. Like he said, the drawbacks of Solar panels are supposed to be that they only generate energy during the day with no rain, and that they take up a lot of space to generate any significant amount of power. He wanted to leave LV on to a) help with that lag problem that was mentioned and B) because he thinks that LVs have a good balance of space used to EU generated.

Think about it this way: You're playing some MMORPG that has classes. I'm going to use WoW as an example because I know how the classes in that piece of crap game work. You are playing a DPS warrior, again, because I understand how those work. You spend ages grinding up gear and learning the skills and such to get as much damage output as you can. Then a Rogue that hit max level yesterday is hitting 2 buttons in mediocre gear and still out DPS-ing you, because of some weird thing in the game. Wouldn't you be kinda pissed?

That's what W feels like, only exchange Warrior, damage output, Skills, and Gear for Nuclear Reactor, Energy Output, Optimal Layout, and ores n' such. Also replace rogue with HV Array, mediocre gear with cheap materials, and "out DPS-ing" with "producing more energy than". Basically, HV solar arrays are more efficient, but lose one of their biggest drawbacks, which makes them unbalanced. If his server can handle it and the players don't mind, I don't see the problem.

tl;dr Beer, stop being a dick. It's his server. He can do what he wants.

Narcisism, you're wrong. The DPS warrior is easy-sauce whereas the rogue takes work.

Dude, just give up. Comparing WoW to this thread is asinine. This thread might die if you guys didn't keep bringing it back up.

Shit, the OP probably left by now.

The OP already got something that helped him/her block the things they wanted so just leave it be...

holy are you ever cynical! can you honestly say because a few of his points aren't valid that he is a miserable idiot? this entire post he has done nothing but try to figure out the answer to his question. invalid as it may be, his politeness and reason at least deserves a straight answer. try being the solution rather than the problem

EDIT: and they call me the stupid newbie

Yes. I am cynical and his few points aren't valid. That's pretty much the whole idea. His entire posting has been more about attempting to justify his retarded decision. He figured it out long before I took him on this magical carpet ride. As for you, Ms. Keller, you clearly do not see the entertainment value in anything and that is why you're a stupid newbie. Not to mention while you're trying to ride in here on your high horse, you're only fueling things. Had you not posted, I would've have taken the time to reply to you. You'll eventually catch on here and learn the ways of the technic forums. Either that or you'll be banished back to the hell that is MC Forums. I am quite helpful, if you bother to listen. W has not. You're still in that gray area of desperately finding validation here.

tl;dr Beer, stop being a dick. It's his server. He can do what he wants.

You're post was stupid. No.

Narcisism, you're wrong. The DPS warrior is easy-sauce whereas the rogue takes work.

Dude, just give up. Comparing WoW to this thread is asinine. This thread might die if you guys didn't keep bringing it back up.

Shit, the OP probably left by now.

The OP already got something that helped him/her block the things they wanted so just leave it be...

Couldn't agree with this more.