Pin Launcher to Taskbar

PirateEggs

Question

I searched the Googles for the answer, but alas, I was unsuccessful. :(

I was wondering how I would go about pinning Technic or Tekkit to my taskbar (Windows 7) I found a way to do it with default minecraft, and tried to use the same way in technic. I'm assuming it's probably not possible because of how the launcher works?

The way I found with Minecraft.

C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -cp C:\Users\User\Desktop\minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

8 answers to this question

1. Does Instructions.

2. Not profit

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5013/notprofit.png

In the first section of the image, I have Technic opened the way you said, problem being, is that it is on my taskbar twice. Whereas, with MC, the way I have it launch is only on my taskbar once, which is the way I'd like to launch Technic or Tekkit bypassing the launcher essentially, kind of pointless to me, having to login every time I open it, it likes to crash and waiting 15+ seconds to launch isn't too bad if it happens once or twice, but it seems to be crashing every hour or so.

There are two icons because there are two programs, the launcher and technic itself. Doesn't happen with normal minecraft as there's no separation like that. You can't bypass the launcher. If it's crashing, go post on the bug board, maybe get that fixed.

Any Java program I've used that has a "launcher" which opens the actual program, even if the launcher has no visual representation, does that. Lemmini is one example I can think of; I have it pinned to my Taskbar, but when I open it, it opens a seperate icon on the taskbar.

Yeah, Java loves to make things complicated and annoying.

I was just wondering since it is possible with Minecraft Launcher, if it were possible this way, or possibly get it to auto-login?

while it is probably not impossible, in that given enough time and motivation such a feature could be implemented, it is most likely not going to happen. basically, don't hold your breath. for now, you'll have to live with 2 icons on your task bar.

I have this problem as well so clearly it has not been fixed properly. I have tried everything I can think of. Technic Launcher doesn't even appear when I search it into my start menu! PLEASE look into this problem because I have to re-download it each time to access it!

DarkCenturion101