Automated obsidian to diamond creator: Now with more automation!

Anonihilator

TOTALLY NEW DESIGN!

I DO NOT have a diamond/day count (somnia keeps crashing) but I do know once it gets up and running, it doesnt take long to pump out whole stacks of diamonds.

No video yet, but a bunch of pictures showing the inner workings: http://imageshack.us/g/338/titleup.png/

Advantages over previously posted system:

HUGELY increased output

%100 safe (ive had it running for days, not a single error which caused any damage, no errors at all actually)

Built in overflow protection (You DO have to activate the pipe, until i figure out how to utilize redstone with iron pipes correctly)

Protected from thaumic slimes

Integrated ability to convert diamonds straight into EMC, which can be used to charge a klein star.

Re: Automated obsidian to diamond creator.

Very nice system, going to make a copy in my world now thanks!

On the trans table issue, you need to delete a file from your save folder for the world in question called tablet.dat.

The file in question will be in your data folder, this file sometimes gets corrupted but doesnt recreate itself so you end up not being able to keep your tablets memory when you quit.

If you delete it, the next time you load your world it will recreate.

@Creepig

Thanks for the link!

Well, this is supposed to be a early game, quick thing to build to provide you with a very easy source of diamonds. I can generally get one of these up in ~45 minutes from a new world. While I COULD add condensers and relays, that take a bit more effort then I want to spend right now.

Experimenting with some upgrades, will report back with pictures.

Ah hah! I have DONE IT! Through the powers of MAD alchemy skills, combined with burning excessive (>100!) diamonds. I have created a fully automated, self replenishing diamond creation setup!

Flower itself:

scaled.php?server=84&filename=flower

Piping:

scaled.php?server=837&filename=pipin

Overall view:

tacticoolprocessing.png

This thing probably has the highest sheer return on investment possible. The flower generates roughly 32 EMC+/s, it actually makes obsidian so fast, i had to add a second engine to prevent the chest from overfilling. While I could use Mark3 relays (All of this is mark 1 stuff, btw) it increase the output so substantially, it very quickly fill the Vis crucible, moreso then it could use in that time period, and generating excess obsidian.

In the mean time as well, i've been experimenting with something that heavily uses Buildcraft and IC2, would anyone like to see it? (it involves chests, macerators, and loadsa piping)

its MUCH faster it seems, to create obsidian, burn it into vis, then duplicate it then create a new diamond with a condenser.

Besides, wouldn't it be lame if it was just a flower?

it seems like an unnecessary step to create a basic resource. diamonds are useful and all but turn on a flower and by the time you get done with another task you'll have plenty.

Well, I use diamonds *alot*, I burn them in AM relays in order to power my Klein star, thus even while it seems "unnecessary", having the increase in production does help substantially.

I'm going to try my hand at adding a couple more flowers, and seeing if i cant get Buildcraft to mesh with this project.

Well, I use diamonds *alot*, I burn them in AM relays in order to power my Klein star, thus even while it seems "unnecessary", having the increase in production does help substantially.

I'm going to try my hand at adding a couple more flowers, and seeing if i cant get Buildcraft to mesh with this project.

BC pipes do mesh.

I JUST saw this thread and had the same idea aroound the same time as you, also posted a comment on this x.x

either way , somewhat dumbfounded now and I really just want to say I did not copy anything from here (I got my inspiration from ErusPrime's blueprint thread o_O) so I basicly had the same idea.

here is my take on it.. http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,1631.15.html

And I'm honest about the fact I just saw this thread, feel like a ripoff D8

also use slimeballs, better emc/vis ratio.

You should use RedPower instead (and not just for this, the pipes are much better than BC's imo), with the timers you can easily control the speed at which the transposer sends obsidian into the crucible - you'll get optimal speed without overflow (0,950 sec. seemed to be the sweet spot). No need to use just one duplicator, either, use as many as you like.

v5vdE.jpg

Hook the duplicators into a retriever, and it will automatically pull the finished diamonds to a chest or wherever you want them.

Using timers is an interesting idea, slime balls as well. Thing with slime balls however, is im not sure HOW effectively they'd keep up with the pace with this new setup ive got in my head, using 16 duplicators and 2-4 crucibles.

@Draz, Didn't think of using RedPower pipes, but I will try.

TO THE THAUMCAVE!

Using timers is an interesting idea, slime balls as well. Thing with slime balls however, is im not sure HOW effectively they'd keep up with the pace with this new setup ive got in my head, using 16 duplicators and 2-4 crucibles.

@Draz, Didn't think of using RedPower pipes, but I will try.

TO THE THAUMCAVE!

a thaumcave sounds like a cool idea.

You should see my house. Its %99 Diamonds and thaumcraft.

Just made a new setup, in about a day it produced.. about 326 diamonds? Converting that *all* to EMC, its roughly 2,965,504 if my math is correct, thats roughly 15 red matter, per day, per setup.

Oh, and you dont have to do anything at all, itll produce everything itself.

ON THE FLIP SIDE

Its retardedly dangerous, the crucibles keep slightly overflowing, but ive had 2 "melt downs" resulting in the lose of a few duplicators, and having to eradicate some thaumic slimes.

Will try to increase safety factor.

Well, if its a nuclear reactor. It's definitely a mark 4 xD.

@DemonCrusher36

After i finish the upgrades to prevent the world from being destroyed as a result, I will make a video tutorial.

EDIT: Oh great, looks like the game didnt want me putting on red matter armor. Hopefully I have a somewhat recent backup...

I have a fully automated setup that produces diamond blocks, havent bothered to measure the output

Looks like this

http://imageshack.us/f/13/20120224191850.png/

Basically the one energy condenser takes in diamond and outputs obsidian. The obsidian then flows to an alchemical chest, or if thats full it goes to an energy condenser that makes it into diamond blocks. once in the alchemical chest it is extracted and marked with either yellow or blue, and flows to the corresponding pipe where it is dumped into a crucible. The crucibles fuel 5 duplicators that make more diamond that are extracted using a retriever and sent to the first energy condenser where the cycle repeats.

*Also im using version 6.0.7 latest, so some things may not be in the recommended build yet*

EDIT: Just noticed the teeny picture myself XP, uploded a new one

and yes, it is overly large now :D

EDIT AGAIN: Figured i throw this up here

http://www.mediafire.com/?d17ajd19dj95tak

My house with the diamond factory in the basement for those who wish to scrutinize it

*NOTE AGAIN~ IM USING THE LATEST BUILD* seems some features in my factory dont mesh with the rec build.

ALL THE DIAMONDS IN THE UNIVERSE, Teeny little picture. Sounds pretty interesting however.

PROGRESS REPORT!

Currently rebuilding the entire thing from scratch, its turning out to be a bit more expensive then I wanted (it uses *alot* of wireless receivers/transmitters), all i need to do is finish up the safeties mechanisms, then make pipes for the duplicators.

Currently using ~30 duplicators, powered by ~8 Crucible of eyes, powered by 2 strictly obsidian producing flowers. Will provide a video tutorial/demonstration when it is complete. Just a note, you will need a rather large space.

@Raymain

Quite elegant, was the cake necessary, however?

Sorry for double post, but...

ITS FINALLY COMPLETED! WOO!

I DO NOT have a diamond/day count (somnia keeps crashing) but I do know once it gets up and running, it doesnt take long to pump out whole stacks of diamonds.

No video yet, but a bunch of pictures showing the inner workings: http://imageshack.us/g/338/titleup.png/

Advantages over previously posted system:

HUGELY increased output

%100 safe (ive had it running for days, not a single error which caused any damage, no errors at all actually)

Built in overflow protection (You DO have to activate the pipe, until i figure out how to utilize redstone with iron pipes correctly)

Protected from thaumic slimes

Integrated ability to convert diamonds straight into EMC, which can be used to charge a klein star.

Btw., this is a great way to generate some uranium for your nuclear reactor, as well. The EE transmutation tablet doesn't accept uranium, but the Thaumcraft duplicator can work them just fine. Quantum suit is (again, imo) the best armor out of all the ones included in Technic pack, and the nuclear reactor is the easiest way to generate enough power for the mass fab (

for example is a VERY easy design, with a close to 100M EU output per cycle).

Well i started building my own diamond machine.. i have it almost fully automatic.

The only thing im very stumped with is how to get the obsidian automated.

Because right now i take a couple of diamonds to a transmutation table, and make it into obsidian (this is very slow and tedious as you have to click 1 at a time, this is the main problem) then take the obsidian to a chest where it gets pumped out and into the fully upgraded crucible, then the diamonds are duplicated and sended with pipes to a chest.

Theres only 2 problems:

1. I have to refill the duplicaters with diamonds every so often

2. The obsidian process (like it to be auto making and placing in a chest)

Anyone have any solutions or ideas? thanks :)

I've managed to figure the rest out on my own, apart from the obsidian and diamonds trick.