Metadata

I just updated my Tekkit... and now I see this 'Mods' button on my main screen. When I click it, the vast majority of the mods have a message saying 'Metadata/mod information not found. Ask your mod author to provide a mod .info file'

I also lost all of my achievements, but that doesn't concern me as much as this metadata thing does.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks.

--Also, it seems like the mods still work... Like it said NetherOres was missing metadata, but I still found ores in the nether. So not sure what's actually going on ._.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The same thing happens to me 3ggy543. I am very disappointed with it.

First, this is probably because you don't have the same Tekkit version as the server. Ask your admin what's his version, and get the same one. Second, this is a necro, which is forbidden by the rules.

I am a idiot... It was just because I had the wrong version of java selected in my preferences. Now though it crashes on login where you select which mod pack you want. I think it may be the amount of RAM I am allowing but when I allowed half a gb more nothing changed. Currently 1.568 or something allowed.

I am a idiot... It was just because I had the wrong version of java selected in my preferences. Now though it crashes on login where you select which mod pack you want. I think it may be the amount of RAM I am allowing but when I allowed half a gb more nothing changed. Currently 1.568 or something allowed.

In usual, at least 2GB is needed to work properly. To have plenty of margin I play with 4, but that's not recommended if you have less than 8GB of RAM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys!!

Umm im new to Technic/techkit so ill be honest i have NO IDEA how to get mods on my Server!! I have set it up and can log into it easily and on the main menu where it has Single player, MultiPlayer ....blah blah blah and it has "41 MODS LOADED". So i can see its loaded them in....

BUT!!!! Now heres the weird part.... I minimise the screen and press "O" and the not enough items comes up exactly what i want!!! But when i maximise the screen and do it i can only see a black box thing in the top left hand corner coming on and off as i press the "O" button.

I have no idea what to do... ive looked all over the net.. YOUTUBE AND EVERYTHING!! To see if anyone has the same thing i do but cant find anyone????? PLZ PLZ HELP!!!

Hey Guys!!

Umm im new to Technic/techkit so ill be honest i have NO IDEA how to get mods on my Server!! I have set it up and can log into it easily and on the main menu where it has Single player, MultiPlayer ....blah blah blah and it has "41 MODS LOADED". So i can see its loaded them in....

BUT!!!! Now heres the weird part.... I minimise the screen and press "O" and the not enough items comes up exactly what i want!!! But when i maximise the screen and do it i can only see a black box thing in the top left hand corner coming on and off as i press the "O" button.

I have no idea what to do... ive looked all over the net.. YOUTUBE AND EVERYTHING!! To see if anyone has the same thing i do but cant find anyone????? PLZ PLZ HELP!!!

Why didn't you post your own bug report?