Technic solder on Win Server 2012?

FrostyZaij

As the title says, can you have solder running on Windows Server 2012? Or do I have to have Linux/Ubuntu? And if it can run on WS2012 what programs do I need?

(I know it is a SERVER-side thing, but I have the ability and means to host my own solder but I just need to figure out how to set it up...)

Any help is appreciated :)

• Discord Moderator

It is relatively straight forward to ensure that most filesystem calls in PHP are platform agnostic. However, I've not gone through the code to see if they are relying on features common to *nix. Your best bet is to just try going through the installation process and see where it gets you. I would highly recommend sticking with Apache/Mysql/PHP even on windows.

I did try to set it up in Windows 8.1 and I just got alot of errors while installing it, and then I couldn't make any new builds :/ Also, wasn't able to link it with one of my existing modpacks, and when I try to install it I only get the 0.7-DEV version and not the latest one it seams....

Edited by FrostyZaij

• Discord Moderator

I just ran through a new install of Solder on Windows 7 (should be the same for any other 64bit Windows). I used:

• Apache 2.4.10 x64 from ApacheLounge
  • PHP 5.6.4 x64 from php.net
  • MySQL

Everything worked as expected following the installation procedure on the wiki. I was able to make a pack, make a build, add a mod, etc. I was not able to add a mod version, but that may be something local or some other wonkyness with Solder on Windows. I haven't gotten a response about that yet in IRC and I can't seem to get it to output any detailed error information while trying to get the MD5 hash.

Thanks, I tried to do it right now with the same things, and now I'm getting this strange thing "d11wtg/boris suggests installing ext-pcntl (*)" and "d11wtg/boris suggests installing ext-posix (*)" and this "d11wtg/boris suggests installing ext-readline (*)" and some symfony/event stuff which I don't know what I'm missing O.o Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit; when I do "composer install" I keep getting Solder 0.7-DEV not the latest one O.o

Edited by FrostyZaij

Oh, so I have it correctly installed if I can login and see the changelog for 0.7-DEV?

I thought it would be for the latest version, this is good news! :D

Thanks you very much!

If I have any more trouble with solder I'll ask :)

Also, how would I find the console details?

Okay, so "git pull" doesn't work for me O.o It says it doesn't recognize "git" as a command? (Still on windows server 2012) Or amd I suppose to use a special program instead of the windows command prompt?

Edited by FrostyZaij

• Discord Moderator

Hmm, lemme check the latest installation info...

Installation

You can install solder manually by cloning the GitHub repository and running a composer command.

HTTP: git clone https://github.com/TechnicPack/TechnicSolder.git

Using git to clone the current repository is one of the steps. It comes right after installing Composer and right before using Composer to complete the installation process.

• Discord Moderator

Either the link you are using to tie your platform to your Solder setup is messed up, or your Solder installation is messed up. For instance:

This is the API link defined in your pack/platform settings:

http://thenexusmodpack.com/solder/public/api/

However, this does not yield the correct information. It actually returns a 404 error.

In contrast, my API URL for my pack/platform is set as:

http://solder.circlecraft.info/index.php/api/

This returns the expected JSON response:

{"api":"TechnicSolder","version":"v0.7.0.7","stream":"DEV"}

If I go to this link http://thenexusmodpack.com/solder/public/api I find the API and it is the same as my profile is linked to, I think I should reinstall solder the correct way this time since I got the git thingy to work, I'll say if it works or not... Since I get this in the API link

{"api":"TechnicSolder","version":"0.7","stream":"DEV"}

• Discord Moderator

If you are getting 0.7 instead of 0.7.0.7 then you are definitely out of date. That being said, if I follow that link you just posted I get a 404 error. This won't work. Try it from a few different places/internet connections. Look at your (web) server logs to figure out why you are getting a different response than I am.

Well, it doesn't work since I am in the progress of reinstalling it XD (I turned the webserver off to do this so I'm sure it is made correctly this time XD)

Edit: Uhm it is giving me errors saying that I should install something called "symphony"? O.o

Edited by FrostyZaij