Only 10-30 FPS on Tekkit & Minecraft?

For some reason, I can only get up to 30 fps on Tekkit & Minecraft. In Tekkit, I let it use 12 GB of ram. I have tried letting java use 12 GB, but to no avail. I have tried tinkering with the settings, nothing. Still slow. 

My Specs:

(Lenovo Y70)

Intel i7 Quad core

16GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 860M

Message me if you need anymore info.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by captain_fiddlesticks_

Two possible issues:

- You have 32-bit Java instead of 64-bit, or at least the launcher thinks so.  Make sure you have 64-bit Java installed.

- You're using a laptop with both NVIDIA and Intel graphics chipsets, and Java is using the Intel chipset.  That will make your game run very slowly.  If that is the case, you will need to configure Java to use the NVIDIA card in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Now for your personal issue: You posted on the forums instead of making a thread on the Tracker.  You would likely have an answer already if you'd put the question in the right spot.

Two possible issues:

- You have 32-bit Java instead of 64-bit, or at least the launcher thinks so.  Make sure you have 64-bit Java installed.

- You're using a laptop with both NVIDIA and Intel graphics chipsets, and Java is using the Intel chipset.  That will make your game run very slowly.  If that is the case, you will need to configure Java to use the NVIDIA card in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Now for your personal issue: You posted on the forums instead of making a thread on the Tracker.  You would likely have an answer already if you'd put the question in the right spot.

Oh okay sorry. Anyway, I did MAKE Java use my NVIDIA chip, and Tekkit use it too. I have 64 bit installed for sure.

Okay.  Question, though: do you have more than 12GB of RAM?  If not, telling Java it can use all your memory is never a good idea.  Most mod packs require no more than 4GB to run well.  Since neither of my earlier suggestions were effective, I'd suggest posting an issue on the Tracker with more information, logs, etc., after you try reducing the RAM allowance for the launcher to 4GB or less.

Okay.  Question, though: do you have more than 12GB of RAM?  If not, telling Java it can use all your memory is never a good idea.  Most mod packs require no more than 4GB to run well.  Since neither of my earlier suggestions were effective, I'd suggest posting an issue on the Tracker with more information, logs, etc., after you try reducing the RAM allowance for the launcher to 4GB or less.

I have 16 GB installed on my laptop. I am sorry for your troubles. Thanks!