New post - 1/22/2015 - java 1.8 or bust

CharZinta

All,

The post today by cannibalvox, in short summary, says upgrade to java 1.8, use the LegacyJavaFixer, or be marked nonfunctional as a mod pack.  I see the mod pack as a short term solution and would like to move towards a long term solution. Does anyone have any server models/type they use other than Cauldron (formerly MCP) as the web site has take down all their downloads and refused any support except for the 1.8 future.  This means any BPS patches to bring us more current are not available.

Also, has anyone tried the mod patch on their server using Cauldron? The last update I got from them put me at 1217 and while I want to upgrade I was hoping the community could provide some alternative suggestions.

Thanks

There are versions of Cauldron for Forge/MC 1.7.10 up to Forge #1272 which work fine with Java 8. (and no, I cannot help you find it here)

Yes there might be those available, and no I wouldn't ask you to find them. I can say, however, the official site has pulled their down loads so it would/will take a bit of work to find it. I'm going to try the patch and hope the other 80 or so mod authors move to 1.8 sooner rather than later :)