Looking for like-minded souls

Hi there,

I have been playing technic for quite some time now, and feel that i have gotten in it in hand now, so i decided to give the multiplayer Tekkit a try. After trying out various servers, I found that open play servers without too much of a set infrastructure appealled most - allowing me to team up and build with others.

I have since gone through loads of servers: setting up, finding people to play with, getting reasonably well established. Either the people I found stayed for 5 mins then logged, never to be seen again, or they filled my area with chests etc, meaning I couldn't move them, or double crossed me killing me and stealing all my equipment whilst I was referencing or AFK. Then also there is the recurrent problem wherebyIi log off, come back the next day to find my buildings destroyed, machines gones, chests empty, all supposedely protected by residence setup or other protection schemes. What is the point of playing these multiplayer games if you effectively have to be online 24/7 to maintain what you achieve?!

Basically what I am trying to say is:

Are there any players out there who would be interested in having a "private" server for a selection of casual players where we can build together, and work towards common goals without fear of PvP/griefing/losing everything we worked hard for?

I know many will claim that is what multiplayer is all about, and that it is meant to be a challenge. That is fair enough, its just not what I want. I get to play and few hours every day or so, so casual secure gaming is what I am looking for!

I really hope there are other like-minded souls out there - I look forward to setting up some awesome builds with you soon!

Hopefully we can find more people interested, and preferably someone who know how to set a server up or already has one! I have no experience of that side of things at all... If you know of others who would be interested point them towards the thread a list of names would be helpful!

well well guys i might have a solution for you guys.

me and a mate have a server up and running population is 3 we are looking for more people to join us and expand our server.

but yes there is allways a "but" however it is not a money thing so here is my only issue we have played throgh the game form start to end game in 4-5 days so i am "playing" with the settings to slow the process and make it slower so it will be a few hours before its up i will recheck this post soon

hopefully we have like 4-5 people depending on what you guys want and we can do like the youtube series "Tekkit with Duncan" he does the same thing with some friends. i think this will be an awesome expedience a different way to enjoy minecraft =)

ok guys update for you few more problems i have bin called into work so it will be tomorrow maybe evan later tonight i am in the uk and work to uk times so plz dont discard this i will have this running by 10pm tuesday or my name is not neo :)

Minecraft is too much like real life. Don't forget that those cutey little avatars are controlled by real people. Cooperation, working towards a "common goal", requires a lot of emotional effort from all parties. With every disagreement there will be resentment, and with enough resentment there will be anger, resentment, and nukes. Choose your partners carefully and COMMIT to the project(s) as much as you would commit to a real life project.

Personally I don't waste my time, I just loot & grief. I wish you the best of luck, though, and I hope you get to show off something amazing soon. Post it here when you do. :)

If you guys want, Send me a PM, I have a server running with chunk claiming (Meaning people can't kill you on your chunk or touch/open anything)

everyone on the server is more of the team builder. there are people all over building nice stuff and there is just simple rules like cover up your quarry and stuff like that.

Also I removed EE2 due to security and OP issues it causes. Everyone seems to be having more fun without it anyway coz getting diamonds is now once again fun rather than just exchanging stuff for it.

I am very new to Tekkit, I went throught single player and before I even finished minining I was bored out of my mind just from single player. I have watched tons of videos though and really would enjoy getting into it but with other people. I'm 22/M and work a lot so like OP I will be on very little.

As a personal recommendation, if you want to do this kind of thing, getting your own, white listed server and disabling or hevaly tweaking EE ends up a very fun way to play.

(I only mention EE, as we found that we were skipping content thanks to transmutation, and especaly when you got the late game stuff, the game became too creative like for our tastes. In our 2nd server, we're actualy going as far to stop use of teleport pipes, LV/MV/HV solars, watermills(+RP tubes) and potentially ender chests so that we end up with bigger builds and actually consider using things like reactors.)

I work a lot right now, but if your looking for extra players, I'm not on my own server often enough to turn down an offer if your making them ;)

ok guys thanks for the interest but we curently have reached or population cap and will have to discuss with all the peeps allredy on the server if we should upgrade and how we intend on doing so as i dont mind covering the cost atm however i will not cover the full cost of any "upgrades" for it so keep an eye here guys we may open up more slots soon

My god I've finally found a group of people with commen sense! EBERY FREAKING TIME i log into a tekkit server, either everything is already built, or there is no room,players that will like me join them! All i want to do is install some wind turbines ;/, hopefully someone in the chat will have a server for us people to play on :)