Technic Launcher Downloading Error [Please Help]

Crazylexi

Hello, I don't use forum's very often so i'm sorry if this is wrong place to put this post. 

Me and my boyfriend currently decided to create our own modpack and server for the first time together.

Since I am the only one with modpack experience I was tasked with this annoying and frustrating job. 

I've created modpack's in the past but with the new Technic Launcher everything has changed and

I'm not to familiar with it. 

I decided to start off with a testing modpack with a single mod inside. I downloaded forge installer 

creating my server first which went well then created the client folder [bin/Config/Mods] all inside

added my one mod [Custom NPC's] then made it into a .rar archive; uploaded the .rar to copy.com

downloaded it to my downloads got the public link and went to the Technic site set up my testing

modpack did everything correctly got the api link and tried to install it to my launcher. This is where

everything became very frustrating.

The error [ Error downloading a file for the following pack: **** / Failed to download: Copy.com link ]

It goes on to say consult the modpack author. Well I'm the author and I have no idea what happened.

I do some research and read that the Technic Launcher uses .zip files instead of .rar. Well I make a 

.zip file and try that still nothing. I don't know if it's the public link; I tried dropbox as well but get the 

same error. I've been working on this for four day's now deleting and recreating the same modpack. 
Can anyone help me please..

Edited by Crazylexi

We had this problem as well with our private pack. Seems like copy.com invalidates the download after a short while. They do not want to host modpacks for free, I guess.

It's really hard to find a suitable free host for modpacks. If it's just private usage, maybe Dropbox will be enough. Just make sure you get a proper link out of it and not a link to a landing page. The Dropbox desktop client (Windows) gives up those links easier than the web interface.

Apart from that, yes, you did post in the wrong section. Custom modpacks are discussed on Platform Pagoda. If you self-report and point out your mistake, a helpful mod will surely move the topic for you. And good luck getting it to work.

We had this problem as well with our private pack. Seems like copy.com invalidates the download after a short while. They do not want to host modpacks for free, I guess.

It's really hard to find a suitable free host for modpacks. If it's just private usage, maybe Dropbox will be enough. Just make sure you get a proper link out of it and not a link to a landing page. The Dropbox desktop client (Windows) gives up those links easier than the web interface.

Apart from that, yes, you did post in the wrong section. Custom modpacks are discussed on Platform Pagoda. If you self-report and point out your mistake, a helpful mod will surely move the topic for you. And good luck getting it to work.

Can you elobarte with this statement as I've NEVER head a problem with copy.com. So either its a bandwidth usage thing or I'm under their radar for some reason.

Hello, I don't use forum's very often so i'm sorry if this is wrong place to put this post. 

Me and my boyfriend currently decided to create our own modpack and server for the first time together.

Since I am the only one with modpack experience I was tasked with this annoying and frustrating job. 

I've created modpack's in the past but with the new Technic Launcher everything has changed and

I'm not to familiar with it. 

I decided to start off with a testing modpack with a single mod inside. I downloaded forge installer 

creating my server first which went well then created the client folder [bin/Config/Mods] all inside

added my one mod [Custom NPC's] then made it into a .rar archive; uploaded the .rar to copy.com

downloaded it to my downloads got the public link and went to the Technic site set up my testing

modpack did everything correctly got the api link and tried to install it to my launcher. This is where

everything became very frustrating.

The error [ Error downloading a file for the following pack: **** / Failed to download: Copy.com link ]

It goes on to say consult the modpack author. Well I'm the author and I have no idea what happened.

I do some research and read that the Technic Launcher uses .zip files instead of .rar. Well I make a 

.zip file and try that still nothing. I don't know if it's the public link; I tried dropbox as well but get the 

same error. I've been working on this for four day's now deleting and recreating the same modpack. 

Can anyone help me please..

Please provide a link to your modpack, the original copy.com zip file link and pastebin any error logs your getting and we would be happy to assist you in anyway we can.

• Discord Moderator
  • Always provide the API URL or a link to your Technic custom modpack page when requesting assistance.
  • Copy.com public share URLs must be appended with "?download=1" (without quotes) in order to be a valid direct download URL for the platform.
  • You may benefit from using my BareBonesPack as the starting point for building your pack: