Modpack can't launch

TheGeekdu74

Hello, I have a problem, when I want to launch my modpack Dark Industry V3, I have this error :

1422711054-capture.png

Anybody can help me ? I have the Solder linked to teh website, my modpack use the solder, but I see "Offline" on the modpack

Edited by TheGeekdu74

• Discord Moderator
  • It looks like you are doing something odd/bad with your Solder mod setup. Every mod reported in the pack is listed as version 3.0. It is almost as if you named every individual ZIP file the same as your pack version number. This will make things confusing for users and very difficult to manage. The whole point of Solder is to make it so that you only have to push the changes when an update happens. Will you be updating every ZIP to 3.1 if you update the pack version to 3.1? If so that would invalidate the whole purpose of using Solder.
  • You really need to break up your "mods". For a mod like ProjectRed which is made up of 6 actual mod files, it would be alright to include them all in one ZIP/mod in Solder since they always update together. However, for most mods it is much preferable to separate them. For instance. Your Thermal Expansion ZIP has CoFHCore, CoFHLib (which shouldn't be in there at all as it's a mod developer file), Resonant Engine (a Calclavia mod), Thermal Expansion and Thermal Foundation. Those mods usually update on different schedules so if you update CoFHLib (which updates more often) you'll have to push 10 times the data to clients. This is more of an issue for you because of the next point.
  • The host you are using for your Solder setup seems like it has an amazingly slow internet connection. It looks like I'm getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 60K/sec (0.8megabit). This shouldn't really break anything, but it may be causing some of your issues. Your host may be responding so slowly that the Platform/Launcher thinks that the pack is broken or offline. After some messing around it looks like I finally have the pack downloading, but it seems like it will take close to an hour to download the mods. Nobody is going to wait that long to play your pack.

I'll update this post if/when the pack finishes downloading.

Edit: I cancelled the pack install after an hour and only being up to 73%. The current Solder installation is not viable.

Edited by plowmanplow

Ok, now I use Hostinger to manage my mods, but I have the same error. i wait the end of upload to retest. I need a tutorial to How to install TechnicSolder on Hostinger, but a friend of me tell me it's impossible to do that, so I wait for a solution. Actually, the solder are in my home

Edited by TheGeekdu74