Server Hosts

recneps

What you are asking for is - in my humble opinion - not possible.

[...] I don't need it to be that fast or anything, just playable and usable.

What is playable to you? At which point would you consider the performance to be "not playable" and therefore not usable?

I know that you cannot provide any metrics (neither can I), but I hope you understand that I am trying to say that this can cause issues

- If you pay for a server and then you say it is not playable and not usable while your hoster says you get what you pay for...no one is happy

- if you get someone to help you and get you a server for free and you think it is not usable, but the hoster says it is running perfectly fine....no one is happy.

So, I created a modpack and want to make a server for it. Does anyone know a server host I could use that would be really cheap or, even better, free?

Hosting a server costs money. Either for you yourself or for the person who might be kind enough to offer you free services.

It even costs you money (internet, power, etc.) when you use a computer at home and let it run over a long time (for your friends to play on this server when you are not around).

So, I think "free" is not exactly an option unless you find a donor.

If you are serious about a server...there are solutions out there (hosting services) for a couple of euros or dollars out there per month...depending on what you need.