Why can't I just find a server without 12 year old admins.

Scarybacon

no it isn't, I just am too lazy to capitalize proper nouns or the start of sentences. if you notice, I always use uppercase "I" when referring to myself.

but yeah, I'm well aware of the proper rules for such things, I just figure if I'm writing something where that is REALLY going to matter, I'll be using a word processor that takes care of it for me. being an IT type, I'm far too lazy to do that work myself when the computer will do it for me

I love the smell of unix in the morning.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NightKev, valid points. I do sort of see where you are coming from.

However I do also think it happens some times that you end up sharing a server with people you can't really get on with, and while OP maybe didn't do quite enough searching before he posted here, I doubt this was his first port of call.

As you say, he sounded fairly frustrated/madbro, and while that is hardly an excuse for venting on randoms, I do know what it feels like to have your play (work, whatever) wiped by map resets / grief / servers closing etc.

I mean, has anyone on this thread played on the same server for the whole time they have played minecraft?

I throw the quality argument out the window. I think I forgot for a moment that this is the internet.

freakchu. I have no 'illusions' about the fact that you (obviously) did not feel obliged to help him. If you did, you would have.

Also I'm not saying that I doubt that you are 'capable' of 'helping' someone.

Only that you didn't in this case.

It would have been nice if you had though.

freakchu. I have no 'illusions' about the fact that you (obviously) did not feel obliged to help him. If you did, you would have.

Also I'm not saying that I doubt that you are 'capable' of 'helping' someone.

Only that you didn't in this case.

It would have been nice if you had though.

There's a problem with this type of thinking. It's the problem of running out of resources to help everyone. When people see that others are getting help with almost no effort, they will immediately flock there to also get help with almost no effort. We'd like to discourage that flocking here, since we don't want to help people that refuse to learn to help themselves at least a little bit first.

There's a problem with this type of thinking. It's the problem of running out of resources to help everyone. When people see that others are getting help with almost no effort, they will immediately flock there to also get help with almost no effort. We'd like to discourage that flocking here, since we don't want to help people that refuse to learn to help themselves at least a little bit first.

we don't give a flock?