Why can't I just find a server without 12 year old admins.

Scarybacon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so hard about avoiding them like you said? These "12 year old admins" probably aren't going to want to take the time to mosy their way out to your far-off base. There's always gonna be young admins who like to act stupid; you just gotta roll with the punches.

• 1 month later...

I can understand why he wouldnt want to play on a publicly large server though. Its laggy, too many griefers, and theres hardly room anywhere nearby to build! I started hosting my own server which has been a blessing and a curse all in one. A good learning experience though. I have a few of my buddies pop onto the server every now and then, but mostly its just me designing the city/village on my own. Would love some fellow crafters to join me if at all interested? Anywho, PM me.

Wow.

People are really helpful here.

Go Tekkit community.

OT, in my humble opinion most of the 'HQ' servers on this forum tend to be >100slot chat clusterfucks. The forums basis for rating something as 'DeLux' seems to be based quite heavily around slotcount, which is clearly not what OP is after. While that's fine if (slotcount>150) {server.isHQ;} for you, you have to admit that it's not exactly a laid back (or even necessarily friendly) environment.

-edit- didn't see second page, :P

Wow.

People are really helpful here.

Go Tekkit community.

OT, in my humble opinion most of the 'HQ' servers on this forum tend to be >100slot chat clusterfucks. The forums basis for rating something as 'DeLux' seems to be based quite heavily around slotcount, which is clearly not what OP is after. While that's fine if (slotcount>150) {server.isHQ;} for you, you have to admit that it's not exactly a laid back (or even necessarily friendly) environment.

-edit- didn't see second page, :P

I believe the deluxe server rating is based solely on quality of the post.

It is a question asking for a good server. Also it is a complaint that needed to be shared, I bet you are one of the failures lul..

Ouch! When someone tries to help you, why do you call them failures? Thanks for showing us your lack of the ability to learn but we didn't ask...

EDIT: Maybe you should also learn how to look down.

-again I missed the second page but since I've started ranting now-

I believe the deluxe server rating is based solely on quality of the post.

I find that hard to believe. Either that or there are small servers on there but they are taken off as soon as the WL is full.

Are you saying if a <10 slot server made a 'HQ' post they would get listed in the delux section??

Again, I doubt it.

Silly kaj, he'd obviously get way more help from the 12 year olds at minecraftforum.net!

...Wait, shit.

Really?

To be absolutely honest with you, I think the first 5-6 posters could have had me fooled that I was on there instead (from your wording I gather you think this forum is 'more HQ').

Stunning levels of maturity on display here.

Telling someone about the search bar, or referring them to somewhere they've already looked does not constitute help, and if you believe otherwise you probably need to grow up(at least internally) a little before you start going around 'helping' people by flaming their posts

(the 'quality' of flaming is pretty bad too by the way).

@Kev, stating that he would not have received help at another forum either is an excuse.

Your sentence(translated) reads like:

''it's ok for us to provide no help, because he would have received none elsewhere anyway''

In fact the 12yr-olds on mcf may have actually been of more help.

I'm sure at least more than one of them would have offered OP a server to play on.

Personally I have no truck with 12yr olds. I do - however Enjoy playing games in an environment free from needless bickering - where I do not have to 'censor myself'. Which Is why I prefer to play on lightly populated servers with players over age 20.

I'm aware this is a lot to ask on a game where a large portion of the clientele is 12, but I'm not actually asking for that here.

/rant

-edit- agh also didn't notice this thread was gavedug to fuck. My two pence anyway.

-again I missed the second page but since I've started ranting now-

I find that hard to believe. Either that or there are small servers on there but they are taken off as soon as the WL is full.

Are you saying if a <10 slot server made a 'HQ' post they would get listed in the delux section??

Again, I doubt it.

There's been some smaller ones on there. There's a 20 slot right now, that's relatively small. You see the post quality also means they have to remain up to date and be well maintained, and if a server's all full up they're not going to put too much effort into advertising it anymore.

if a server's all full up they're not going to put too much effort into advertising it anymore.

True. In all honesty I haven't had that much of a look on there myself, just noticed when I did look that a lot of the servers seemed to be quite big (well, for tekkit), and refrained from looking further.

Besides/ sort of offtopic it is my recent experience that publicly advertised/accessible tekkit servers tend to be grief fests. The modifications encourage it almost.

Still, you're not going to find out a chilled out 10slot on there are you lol

This forum is definitely more "HQ" (I assume you mean this as "high quality") than MCF, that's for sure. No place (or person) is perfect, however.

Anyway, the OP probably would have gotten much more help if the thread title wasn't so confrontational (it implies he's been kicked from a few servers and is, well, rather mad about it) and instead he said something like "Hey, does anyone know about some good <10slot servers around here? I tried hosting one myself but my [computer/internet] isn't good enough and my friends are no good at running servers." and even then, this is something he should be doing himself, it's not our job to tell him where the easily findable server threads are. Also, he never said he already looked (unless of course I'm right about him getting kicked off a bunch of servers), just that he wanted someone to look for him (or host a server just for him I guess?).

I know a great server, with around 10-15 peeps. But seeing how you reacted to normal advice given. I refuse to add you to our private server.

EDIT: If you reacted better, or just posted a better titel or OP, I think more people would react like: "Sure! We would love to add someone to our server!"

kaj, I think you may be under the false impression that we are obligated to "help" anyone who appears to be asking for it. simply put, we aren't.

you may look at my initial reply and say, "wow, what a jerk! he wasn't helpful at all!" and while you are right that I wasn't helpful, it's not because I'm incapable of such or immature as you seem to believe. the OP here basically wanted someone to find him a server because he can't be assed to take a look around on his own. this instantly tells me a few things about him, none of them positive. it means that he

1) is lazy

2) doesn't really care about his "problem"

3) has had run-ins with admins on other servers that left him super mad, probably more than one

4) isn't a very agreeable or reasonable person

all of those things are not things that are really fostered or taken kindly to on these forums. additionally, he then refuses advice and help without much of an explanation despite never having set any criteria for a server he'd like to find other than "no 12 year old admins". that isn't cool in any way, shape, or form and does not fly here. when people act this way, they get lampooned. the OP got lampooned. a lot. and you know what? he deserved every ounce of ridicule he got.

freakachu - your shift key is broken. :)

no it isn't, I just am too lazy to capitalize proper nouns or the start of sentences. if you notice, I always use uppercase "I" when referring to myself.

but yeah, I'm well aware of the proper rules for such things, I just figure if I'm writing something where that is REALLY going to matter, I'll be using a word processor that takes care of it for me. being an IT type, I'm far too lazy to do that work myself when the computer will do it for me