Tekkit has no mac launch file...

(make a Start.command is what i am saying) i have goten a Tekkit server to run on a mac (with help from bukkit) so, get a bukkit server THEN a Tekkit server. i have found that i can not use any Tekkit items... i get Kicked. so this may be a Bukkit or Tekkit bug. PS, google Tekkit server for Mac. (make a Start.command is what i am saying) oo and Bump <.>

EDIT: go to bukkit's wike and get a bukkit server up first (like Port Forward and stuff).

I have a tekkit server running on my mac. The tool I found is as easy and double clicking, select either 'Server' or 'Launcher' and let it do its thing. Let me find the link, I'll edit this post in a minute.

EDIT :

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/how-to-set-up-a-tekkit-server-on-a-mac-tekkit-bug-fixes-included.1569/

Thats it. Make sure Java 7 is installed. Download that file and run it. Bish-Bash-Bosh, server running. It installs it to; *User*/Tekkitserver

Nobody likes Macs.

Actually, Macs are great for artists, old people who don't want to learn how to use computers, and children who can't be trusted with a system as flexible as windows (much less linux)

Fixed for you.

Bullshit. 9 times out of 10, a mac is the wrong choice, because it's only the right choice for the handful of people i listed above, and just costs more for the ability to do less.

"Artists". That's only true because of the software. Apple makes a lot of the more popular audio/video processing software that is OSX specific. The hardware has nothing to do with it. They've been using Intel CPUs since 2006 or so, which means an Apple Macintosh is as much of a PC as a Dell Inspiron or an HP Pavilion. They just cost more, look fancier, and come with a different OS.

"Artists". That's only true because of the software. Apple makes a lot of the more popular audio/video processing software that is OSX specific. The hardware has nothing to do with it. They've been using Intel CPUs since 2006 or so, which means an Apple Macintosh is as much of a PC as a Dell Inspiron or an HP Pavilion. They just cost more, look fancier, and come with a different OS.

lol its a mac war..... i use mac becuas in MA, that is all they use.

Actually, Macs are great for artists, old people who don't want to learn how to use computers, and children who can't be trusted with a system as flexible as windows (much less linux)

Bullshit. 9 times out of 10, a mac is the wrong choice, because it's only the right choice for the handful of people i listed above, and just costs more for the ability to do less.

ok, i get that, but still ut looking at ur texts with a iPhone.... Mac = Apple, iPhone = Apple.

ok, i get that, but still ut looking at ur texts with a iPhone.... Mac = Apple, iPhone = Apple.

iPhone is also overpriced, lulz. And you have to sign a stupid contract unless you want a cracked one from eBay that costs 3 times as much. The most expensive thing I've ever bough from Apple was a 3rd gen iPod Touch.

No, that's completely false. I grew up in Brockton, and the only macs i even SAW were the shitty iMacs in middle school

No, no i'm not. In fact, aside from the ipad i use for work, i don't use any apple products because their production is shoddy, customer service is ridiculous, and quality is, in general, lower than their competitors.

• 2 weeks later...

To actually answer the question:

The simple solution is to just run it from the Terminal, you simply navigate into the folder and run the launch.sh file with the sh-command like so:

sh launch.sh

Thank you for that. It seems to work just as well on osx as it does linux. the only problem is, it gives a classic error, unable to access Tekkit.Jar. If you or somebody else could find the solution to this problem, that would be great! Also, it seems this thread has turned into a fight about macs...

Solution I use:

Open TextEdit and paste the following in:

#!/bin/bash

cd "${0%/*}"; java -Xms3072M -Xmx3072M -jar Tekkit.jar

(use 1024 or 2048 for the -Xms and -Xmx if you have less than 3 GB to give to the server)

Save the file as anything you want, but make sure it is in the same folder as the Tekkit.jar

"Get info" (Command I) on the file

Set the "Open with:" to Terminal

Double click the newly created file and have fun!

Can't remember where I found this solution, but I think it was on this forum when Tekkit 1.1.4 was the most recent version...

P.S. Macs are better :)

Solution I use:

You're late to the party, we already had that argument. They're great for hipsters, old people, stupid people, and the small handful of people who have a legitimate need for high quality artistic computing.

• 5 months later...

Solution I use:

Open TextEdit and paste the following in:

#!/bin/bash

cd "${0%/*}"; java -Xms3072M -Xmx3072M -jar Tekkit.jar

(use 1024 or 2048 for the -Xms and -Xmx if you have less than 3 GB to give to the server)

Save the file as anything you want, but make sure it is in the same folder as the Tekkit.jar

"Get info" (Command I) on the file

Set the "Open with:" to Terminal

Double click the newly created file and have fun!

Can't remember where I found this solution, but I think it was on this forum when Tekkit 1.1.4 was the most recent version...

Thanks For being the only person to actually help, and yes Macs are better lol