How to transfer EU out of the nether?

Alright, so I'm planning to build a geothermal generation station in the nether, but before I do, I want to know if there's anyway to get the power out of the nether and to the regular world?

I thought about maybe converting it to MJ and using teleport pipes, but do those even work cross dimension?

No they don't.

Your best bet is to utilize redpower and netherchests.

You'll want to set up a geothermal power center in the nether and have that hook into an MFSU preferably. From there you can use redpower to have lapitron crystals cycled to and from the MFSU to charge then to an enderchest. On the overworld, you will have an enderchest and another redpower setup doing the same thing, except with the purpose of storing that power in the MFSU instead of drawing it.

That is utterly genius and I never thought of using crystals like that before.

Kinda silly seeing as I've shipped nikolite batteries down to the nether using the exact same system.

Have an internet.

I'm sorry, I had to chuckle a little considering you were doing the exact same thing :) Great idea btw Beer.

besides the RP ones being more expensive, why does everyone prefer them?

Because they don't raep your computer.

RP ones also work with everything.

The RP systems also means if the destination is out of order, items won't be sent. Unlike Buildcraft pipes (See raeping your computer)

Thats genius. Thanks alot beer, but i have to ask, what is the difference between RP and BC pipes, besides the RP ones being more expensive, why does everyone prefer them?

There are a few reasons.

The biggest one is that they're just coded better. They can handle two way traffic, they don't drop items when there is a traffic jam to the destination, usually redpower machines don't even allow items in a tube to begin with if the destination is full. I personally have an old computer and so I notice things like client lag when I used buildcraft. I switched to redpower and I haven't noticed that at all.

Also the redpower tubes aren't -that- expensive. We're talking about brass, which is just the same recipe as bronze, only you're smelting the ingots in an alloy furnace instead of combining dust in a table and then smelting it.

You'll see. Once you start using redpower items, you'll wonder why you ever bothered with buildcraft.

Don't get me wrong, I think buildcraft is a -great- way to introduce yourself to engineering in minecraft. That's how I began to learn how machines worked and it got me thinking to that level, then I started exploring the redpower stuff and I realized how much more powerful redpower overall is to buildcraft. It's more solid, refined, and much more thought out.

I thought Eloraam was one smart cookie before with integrated redstone. But now I'm just blown away by her ability to take an idea and improve on it, refine it, and successfully apply it.

@Darth: Not everyone sees the slowdown from buildcraft. If I ran BC alone I get no lag and things work fine. It's just when you add all the other wonders of technic/tekkit and really test your system that the flaws of buildcraft show up. Also redpower tubes don't necessarily work with everything. The one flaw of redpower is the lack of an auto crafting table, but there is one that does work with redpower in tekkit, so that issue is resolved.

I see, yeah I kinda need to upgrade my rig, prebuilt from 2009, and I do get quite abit of framerate drop in tekkit, maybe i should make the switch

It might help some, but my machine is probably about the same age as yours. I built mine and I still get stuttering and freezes on tekkit, although that generally occurs when I'm the only one on and every mob on the server has spawned in the second floor of my factory (unfinished, dark, and usually has a party 24/7). You will want to make use of panelling. That will prevent pipes attaching to one another, which gives you the ability to make very compact machinery. Also you will need to make sure tubes are going in where they're supposed to, so materials are placed in the right slot.

No they don't.

Your best bet is to utilize redpower and netherchests.

You'll want to set up a geothermal power center in the nether and have that hook into an MFSU preferably. From there you can use redpower to have lapitron crystals cycled to and from the MFSU to charge then to an enderchest. On the overworld, you will have an enderchest and another redpower setup doing the same thing, except with the purpose of storing that power in the MFSU instead of drawing it.

Is there a way to detect if a crystal is full or empty? I use filters to put empty batteries in and take full batteries out because an empty battery has a different item ID. Or do I just have to time it?

Actually, now that i think about it, it might be easier to have a lava cell manufacturing station in the nether, and then bring those into the the regular, and have the geo generators in my base back on earth

Actually, now that i think about it, it might be easier to have a lava cell manufacturing station in the nether, and then bring those into the the regular, and have the geo generators in my base back on earth

But the cells are consumed, therefore you would have to have an additional method to manufacturer those. For a renewable solution I would think the first suggestion is better.

I haven't tested to see if filters or retrievers can determine if a crystal is full or empty. I would imagine if ti worked with the RE batteries it would work with the crystals as they also have a full and empty item id. So there should be no problem there.

Lava cells are another thing and it all boils down to whether or not you have EE.

If you do, then the whole thing is pointless as lava cells have an EMC value. Hook it up to a condenser/collector and you'll have yourself some lava for life. If you don't, then it gets trickier because you now have to set up a rig not only to make the cells, but send them to the nether. Although you -could- mine the nether for nether tin, it still has to be refined down to tin ore, macerated into tin dust, then smelted into tin ingots for maximum yield. So as you can see, lava cells either make life a whole lot simpler, or a whole lot harder.

I haven't tested to see if filters or retrievers can determine if a crystal is full or empty. I would imagine if ti worked with the RE batteries it would work with the crystals as they also have a full and empty item id. So there should be no problem there.

Lava cells are another thing and it all boils down to whether or not you have EE.

If you do, then the whole thing is pointless as lava cells have an EMC value. Hook it up to a condenser/collector and you'll have yourself some lava for life. If you don't, then it gets trickier because you now have to set up a rig not only to make the cells, but send them to the nether. Although you -could- mine the nether for nether tin, it still has to be refined down to tin ore, macerated into tin dust, then smelted into tin ingots for maximum yield. So as you can see, lava cells either make life a whole lot simpler, or a whole lot harder.

This is what I was getting at; though more thoroughly explained. As most servers have EE disabled, I wouldn't have thought it would be viable because Tin would because scarce. I would rather use a few diamonds than nuke all my tin to bits.

This is what I was getting at; though more thoroughly explained. As most servers have EE disabled, I wouldn't have thought it would be viable because Tin would because scarce. I would rather use a few diamonds than nuke all my tin to bits.

Well some servers have EE partially enabled. I could see having a condenser with a lava cell targeted, or even just tin depending on what is allowed, then having something like a cobblestone generator fueling it.

The server I play on only has 3 of us, so I use EE to fuel the factory. It allows me to focus more on engineering and streamlining than having to constantly worry about resources.

what about lava buckets? i could ship those back to the overworld, and then dump them out into tanks, which could be piped into the generators. idk if theres a machine that fills and dumps lava buckets, but if so that could really work

what about lava buckets? i could ship those back to the overworld, and then dump them out into tanks, which could be piped into the generators. idk if theres a machine that fills and dumps lava buckets, but if so that could really work

Deployer ;)

As Videoboy pointed out, you could just ship buckets back and forth using the enderchest, deployers, and retreivers. Although personally I'd stick with the lapotron crystal setup. You need less of them going back and forth and you're gonna want to get used to building them because geothermal power is -extremely- efficient and you'll fill up an MFSU in no time.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems converting the items in an enderchest from the nether to the overworld?

When I try to do it nothing appears in it and when I go back in to the nether the items in the enderchest are gone?!?!

And in my case this is very fustrating.