[Req]Smart Movement Mod

kirarxe

Yo.

Came across the Smart Movement mod for 1.1, and was wondering if it could be implemented as it has a bukkit plugin already; albeit a little silly looking, as seen on Yogscast mod spotlight. Of course this is when Tekkit SMP hits 1.1, which might not be for a while, but it would still be pretty nice.

I can't really speak much about it, as i have no modding capabilities, but i can't necessarily think of any immediate conflicts with any of the current Tekkit mods. If it's already planned, than that's cool. Another question though; What new mods are planned to be implemented in the future, if any?

Of course noting Computercraft, as another thread spoke of it, and that's where i got the idea for this one.

this mod is nice and all but it doesnt quite fit the whole theme of technic survival but it would be nice to be able to do some of those things...

Yes and No. It's one of those random enhancements that makes the game better as a whole, similar to the inclusion of matmos. Make it optional client side or be restrictive on the server settings, but additional animations and some more movement options would be welcome. I.E. the ability to pull yourself onto a ledge and to crawl make perfect sense. Super jumps and gravity defying parkour are another thing, but it'd still be nice to have that option !

hmm i see and i kind of agree with you i just don't know if it is able to work with other mods I would like to assume that it is able to work but i am not a coder or a mod maker and i believe it doesnt work well with other mods

Okay, you're about three quarters of the way to acceptable communication. Basic punctuation is all you need. Periods to separate your sentences is enough for basic communication

As for your actual post:

If it's just functionality you're worried about, back up your .minecraft folder by simply copying it somewhere else, and drop in all the stuff from this thread. then try to use it. If it fails, then there may (possibly) be a compatability problem. If not, then you can post here that it works, and we can all abandon this silliness.

I'm Extremely Excited as I post this.

I got smart move to work with tekkit 1.4 hotfix.

you need to download the last player api for minecraft 1.0 (look for the older versions) as well as bukkit api 1.0 from the same section

install the client player.api in your minecraft jar, and the bukkit api in Tekkit.jar (open both in 7zip or similar, drag the folders inside there, like smart move requires.)

after this, just download the last 1.0 version of smartmove and use the zip folders client modloader and bukkit modloader, using the installation instructions provided.

Smartmove: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/361430-11smp-smart-moving/

Player api(bukkit and last 1.0 client): http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/738498-11api-player-api/#PREVIOUS_MINECRAFT_VERSIONS

reply should you have any problems, I'll check back sometime in the future, or someone else may be able to help you.

I'm Extremely Excited as I post this.

I got smart move to work with tekkit 1.4 hotfix.

you need to download the last player api for minecraft 1.0 (look for the older versions) as well as bukkit api 1.0 from the same section

install the client player.api in your minecraft jar, and the bukkit api in Tekkit.jar (open both in 7zip or similar, drag the folders inside there, like smart move requires.)

after this, just download the last 1.0 version of smartmove and use the zip folders client modloader and bukkit modloader, using the installation instructions provided.

Smartmove: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/361430-11smp-smart-moving/

Player api(bukkit and last 1.0 client): http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/738498-11api-player-api/#PREVIOUS_MINECRAFT_VERSIONS

reply should you have any problems, I'll check back sometime in the future, or someone else may be able to help you.

Thanks, got it to work. My issue was that I placed Player API in the mods folder. Placing it directly in the Tekkit.jar file got it to work. (I still placed the SmartMoving zip file in the mods folder)

Smartmoving stuff

I can't get it to work. If I try to play singleplayer I get the saving chunks error and if I try to join my localhost server I get a blackscreen. Followed your instructions, no idea what's wrong.

Here's an idea, why don't you do all the work for me, and then upload your .minecraft folder and Tekkit.jar to mediafire and give em to me.

While you're at it, here's my server address ( 127.0.0.1 ). Can you log in and build for me, I'm too busy to be bothered.

Dude brah, I'm being serious here. Don't you be ruining my chances of getting some mad parkor on. I'm gonna host an assasins creed servah and you're going to be banned from it dude. So brah, lay off.

Ok firstly to the guy above me, who says brah?

To all of you, this mod would be awesome to include. I have seen it in the yogscast and though it can not be seen by other players it does look very useful and stuff. i agree with the person that suggested it being optional, but is optional an option? SOme things you will require for the server because it is not client oriented enough. I would think this would be more on the server side so I don't see optional happening. If I'm wrong, optional would be cool.

• 1 month later...