BuildCraft + IndustrialCraft = Solar Panel Factory, Freezes the server!

Transposers and filters work. they have to be on top of the machine, facing down. Sadly, retrievers do not work.

Well there are ways to work around it.

Stick a transposer over the bench with a tube that leads to a buffer. Then you can have a retriever pull items from the buffer instead.

Well there are ways to work around it.

Stick a transposer over the bench with a tube that leads to a buffer. Then you can have a retriever pull items from the buffer instead.

If I have to do a push anyway, I'm going to use filters so I can paint the items. I'm building an HV solar array factory, and I'm using filters and sorting machines with the MK2 Autocrafters.

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding RP and automatic crafting tables - what is the preferred way to split items between 2 destinations with redpower tubes? As I understand it, the shortest distance is always preferred, and it only alternates when there are 2 destinations with the same distance, but how do I, for example, make a 1:4 split of a crafting material?

Regarding RP and automatic crafting tables - what is the preferred way to split items between 2 destinations with redpower tubes? As I understand it, the shortest distance is always preferred, and it only alternates when there are 2 destinations with the same distance, but how do I, for example, make a 1:4 split of a crafting material?

You need to change your mindset somewhat. Instead of thinking about how to "push" materials around, think about how to "pull" them to the right place. If you, say, need to build one thing with 8 iron, and then one thing with 2 iron, you have Retriever at each table pull the exact right items. Or if you want to avoid blutricity, just trigger 5 transposers, and have 4 of them go to one place and 1 to the other.

The main thing is, redpower functions very much off of redpower signals (no big surprise). You can control the rate at which different parts of your factory run very easily simply by changing the speed at which things are triggered. If you go to low, things just run a little inefficiently slow, and if you go too high, you have a bunch of materials sitting in buffers, but it never overflows, and you can tune it to perfection.

thanks for the tips kaz, I also did a little more research on that matter and found a video about an HV solar array fac that uses basically EE2 as a supplier for the base materials and works off of 1 single timer that basically controls the whole production. So for each tick, you produce 1 of the base product and then a fracture of the follow ups (so for example if you have 1 solar panel per tick, you'd need 8 ticks for a LV array)