Them silly volcanoes

Fiona

Hey guys, just set up a Tekkit 2 server and everything seems to working fine. Fantastic job, especially on the launcher.

The only problem I've come across at the moment is that of volcanoes. I mean I kinda like the idea but far too many of them are being generated. I can't walk three chunks without a huge volcano suddenly popping into existence. (Which is super weird in and of itself.) When they're being generated it also seems to cause me to get stuck a lot, presumably in whatever geometry it thinks it's generated for the volcano.

So is there a way to get rid of them or reduce the frequency by which they show up?

Ta

[edit]

gRaJ1.png

Now I hate them.

Those, along with the ridiculously large rubber trees, are created by Buildcraft World. You can disable that, but it may remove basalt & marble. (I haven't tried it.) I'm not sure if there's a setting that will reduce it, but I suspect not given that SpaceToad said in his MC thread that he is proud of both features and won't permit them to be disabled. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.

Those, along with the ridiculously large rubber trees, are created by Buildcraft World. You can disable that, but it may remove basalt & marble. (I haven't tried it.) I'm not sure if there's a setting that will reduce it, but I suspect not given that SpaceToad said in his MC thread that he is proud of both features and won't permit them to be disabled. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.

That is all wrong it is red power world from eloraam, not build craft world from space toad. However what you said about disabling them is true.

Disabling redpower world also disables redpower ores including nikolite, the three gems, and silver. I think Copper and Tin are disabled in redpower and generated by industrial craft by default so you would still have those, regardless disabling it is a bad idea if you want to use half the stuff from redpower.

• Forum Administrators

Oops! Sorry, that'd be RedPower World, then. My bad! :-[

You can edit your previous post! Its easy!

You can disable them, simply turn off RedPower World and Machine in your modloader.cfg (or hit the mod select button on your launcher), but you will be without RedPower machines because they require World to be installed for the materials.

EDIT

Beaten to the punch like a chump

• Forum Administrators

Eloraam has mentioned already that he plans on fixing the volcano's spawn rate, but won't allow for them to be disabled. Same goes for the giant trees, seems kinda selfish, but it is his mod, and he can do with it as he wishs

Eloraam is a woman.

I know its a taste thing, but I really like the volcanos and I really like the giant trees. I don't like the tree's textures at all (the wood is spectacularly bad) but that's what texture packs are for.

Eloraam has mentioned already that he plans on fixing the volcano's spawn rate, but won't allow for them to be disabled. Same goes for the giant trees, seems kinda selfish, but it is his mod, and he can do with it as he wishs

Her

It's HER

She can do as she wishes

( why is it people know so much about mods they always miss

the obvious