Suggestion: Memory Allocation

Xorifelse

I'm not seeing a suggestion box, so I could be posting in the wrong section and I'm sorry if I am but I just wanted to get this out here.

Most issues I've come across is that people just install the modpack and hit play, not even venturing into the options or reading installation guides of a modpack.
This causes people to complain, "Help, not launching" or "crashes at load time" without even attempting to read the logs that could reference an out of memory issue.
These people are usually players that don't have any technical insight of what's going on in a computer and since these players are the gross of your userbase I have the following suggestion.

Give modpack owners the ability to specify the minimum recommended memory required to launch the game per modpack.

In the background coding in the Technic Platform when a user is trying to launch a game:
- it will detect the computers available free memory and if there is enough space left launch the game without question.
- if the user does not have the minimum recommended memory available, display a popup saying that the user might have issues playing the modpack but could still try and launch it.
- if the user does have the memory, but its currently not available display a message that the user might have to close other applications.
- if the user has a 32b java installed and the recommended memory > 1GB and the user (most likely) has a 64b operating system display a popup that he or she should install the 64 bit version of java.

The modpack options could still hold a value overwriting the recommended modpack settings if this has been changed.
So I recommend a default setting: "Determined by Modpack", if not set the default setting of 1GB would be in order.

I think, this simple suggestion would improve the user experience a lot.

Let me know what you guys think,