Can not run Tekkit at all

SteamingBullet

Question

About a year ago I used to play Tekkit a lot with my friends on a server and everything. Recently we had the urge the play it again, and as such we all updated and I downloaded a new server. I set up the server, and they joined.... But I couldn't. I tried creating single player maps and it didn't work. It'd get stuck at building terrain, and occasionally shutting down internal server, and it would then crash to the Technic Launcher or I'd have to go to task manager and stop it.

I have done the following: Restart computer, restart Tekkit/Technic, Uninstall Tekkit/Minecraft/Java/Technic and reinstall all, updated everything on my computer (Java, Windows Update, etc.), and I even tried giving Tekkit more ram/memory.

Eventually I questioned minecraft in general, and it worked without any problems. After that I tried another modpack, Hexxit... Worked flawlessly.

I am using Windows 8.1, 64 bit, 8 GB of RAM, and I can not understand how to fix this.

Attached to this is one of the many crash reports I've received.

crash-2015-04-01_14.04.17-client.txt

6 answers to this question

Thanks for sorta narrowing it down. Raising or decreasing RAM given to java doesn't help, but upon looking I seem to get both a client and server error whenever it crashes. The first one I sent being the server, and the client being

http://pastebin.com/nQwYu3fE

Both with different causes. Not sure why this is happening, but any further info would help.