Tower of Ys and decorating with microblocks, a Saga to styling.

Xylord

I'll see what I want to do once I'm done with her.

Not often towers are compared to women. Anyways, when you finish the tower and feel comfortable with it (Including balancing), I'll be here for ideas and (If you can manage to put it on an SMP server) even help with the landscape and grander adventure, as that will the 'the daunting task' of the adventure, should you choose to go forward with it in that direction.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not often towers are compared to women. Anyways, when you finish the tower and feel comfortable with it (Including balancing), I'll be here for ideas and (If you can manage to put it on an SMP server) even help with the landscape and grander adventure, as that will the 'the daunting task' of the adventure, should you choose to go forward with it in that direction.

Mmh, if I use MCedit schematics, can I move my tower from Technic to Tekkit? Plus, what is the height limit for Tekkit?

I laughed:)

Thats what I thought, but then I started thinking of all the cool stories you could come up with and all of the different ways you could use the mods in the pack to improve/add to adventure maps! Kind of how FTB (Feed the Beast) used the basics of skyblock and added the mods to turn it in to a really involved and log lasting map.

That's what I thought, I was surprised to see there weren't a lot of adventure maps using the modpack.

Mmh, if I use MCedit schematics, can I move my tower from Technic to Tekkit? Plus, what is the height limit for Tekkit?

Unfortunately that's where your guess is as good as mine. I'm admittedly relatively new to these forums and the pack and have had to mostly figure things out myself (And only what I have been interested in, which unfortunately doesn't cover much SMP or map-transferring). If I had known, I would have said so earlier. I'll try to find out what I can and get back to you, however.

I just tested the height limit for Tekkit and it was 255. The only issue is that I was not on a server, I was just playing it singleplayer so the mod packs limit is 255, but servers may increase or decrease that limit, I'm not sure.

I just tested the height limit for Tekkit and it was 255. The only issue is that I was not on a server, I was just playing it singleplayer so the mod packs limit is 255, but servers may increase or decrease that limit, I'm not sure.

It's either 128 or 256 depending on MC's version, so it's probably 256 in both cases.

Well, the recommended build of Tekkit is 1.2.5, so it should be up-to-date. If you transfer the Technic version to Tekkit you may have to tweak/redo some things however, as the updated mods may not work the same way. I'd love to take part in any of that however, and help as much as I can, so I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.

Sorry, for the rather slow response, but it was worth it... It's DONE!

I've finished pretty much everything. Now, I'm going to place some signs, add a bit of story, give some advice, check everything is possible. Then, I will upload the map on mediafire.

Just about to start playing! One thing I noticed that you should change is that you start in creative mode with an inventory full of stuff. I would recommend just fixing this quickly to prevent confusion. Will update when I get into it.

Just about to start playing! One thing I noticed that you should change is that you start in creative mode with an inventory full of stuff. I would recommend just fixing this quickly to prevent confusion. Will update when I get into it.

Really? I thought for sure I corrected that. Thanks.

I doubt it however I am running a pretty advanced set-up. Only way to know is if other people play and have the same issue. What pack its it made for?

The dev build for Technic. Without any other mods. The map works fine with me. What do you mean by "advanced set-up"?

All I meant was that I have a good computer so I doubt it would be that. I was trying it with Tekkit, so maybe that's the problem.

Ah, that's it :P Tekkit and Technic have conflicting id's, or something. It should work fine with Technic dev build.

Got it working :) Its been pretty good so far, however I am having issues with the ogre spawner (I think, I may be missing something) They refuse to spawn...

I ended up spawning a diamond to continue. Another issue I found is that the chest you are meant to put the pickaxe in has a block on top and thus cannot be opened. If you remove the block on top and replace it with a half slab, the issue will be resolved. Also the bed in the same room cannot be used.

Me again :) I have noticed that there is nothing in the dispensers (there have been two instances so far) the second time it seems to be affecting the progression because there is no lever.

Next issue: the second be is also unusable, the third works though

Next: In the creeper room, their explosion destroys the diamond blocks and some of the wiring

The Ghasts in the next room can blow up the pressure plates and glowstone (and some of the wiring

Got it working :) Its been pretty good so far, however I am having issues with the ogre spawner (I think, I may be missing something) They refuse to spawn...

I ended up spawning a diamond to continue. Another issue I found is that the chest you are meant to put the pickaxe in has a block on top and thus cannot be opened. If you remove the block on top and replace it with a half slab, the issue will be resolved. Also the bed in the same room cannot be used.

Me again :) I have noticed that there is nothing in the dispensers (there have been two instances so far) the second time it seems to be affecting the progression because there is no lever.

Next issue: the second be is also unusable, the third works though

Next: In the creeper room, their explosion destroys the diamond blocks and some of the wiring

The Ghasts in the next room can blow up the pressure plates and glowstone (and some of the wiring

Okay, that's very useful info, those are all issues I didn't think about. I will be correcting the points you've noticed. Thank you!