Tower of Ys and decorating with microblocks, a Saga to styling.

Xylord

I will now do my best to break your map again :)

I was considering perhaps creating a custom texture pack using the Painterly pack as a base. How would you feel about that?

Me again, small bug, when you fist spawn there is a stack of about 50 cooked steaks sitting behind you. I doubt this is intentional so if you simply waited for a few minutes until they de-spawned it would fix that (unless it is intentional)

Also, there is one chest that is empty that I believe should contain the iron leggings (at least they did in the previous version) (again may be intentional)

Also (I know I am really nitpicky) but is there a reason you spawn at level 8?

EDIT: The ogres that spawn destroy quite a few blocks, in one play through they ended up destroying my bed and then the floor, sending me to my doom :(

The second bed (room with pickaxe chest) is still broken. I think it is caused by the signs above the bed

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe not apologizing its just that you should have seen the list that I PM him with lol and I'm not quite done :)

For the room with the ogres I would suggest (get used to that word I just reaslised I have said it about 50 times) moving the dispenser to the roof so that the player can't simply grab the diamond and run.

In the TNT room the creeper explosion destroyed the lever meant to move the block to allow access to the ladders. They also destroyed the dispensers (second part is not gamebreaking but if it is fixable I would suggest doing so)

In the end I suggest giving the player a few extra portal blocks. When I was in the end I needed to spawn some in when the enderdragon attacked me and destroyed them. Also make sure to put a sign down telling the player what they are for so they don't use them incorrectly (place the chest after the jumping puzzle so there can be no cheating)

Have you tried it yet Adlersch?

Okay, I have amended that all the things you've noticed, here's version 1.3.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?waywu9mbw9mw4a0

As Adlersch said, don't worry about telling me all and any problem, it's only helping me make the map better!

I guess a personalized texture pack is a big plus, however, there's a problem : My talent in spriting is absent, dead, nonexistent, proportional to the size of a quark, in other words, I'm bad. Stickmen-level bad.

Your slime spawners in the first area are out of eggs :P

EDIT: also the diamond lever got me a diamond first pull

also it seems like a few dispensors need refilling

Bed after putting away your pick kills you when you wake up

TNT blows up the ladder chest

Nice catches bwblazerkid :) As for the texture pack, I talked to Rhodox and he is fine with me using his customizer to create the base, then I was thinking of simply using textures that are already either part of the painterly pack or another pack to use as the mod added blocks. No art skill needed, I was looking at some images of the Ys: Origins game on Google and got some ideas. To fix the bed problem, you need to raise the height of the roof by one block.

UPDATE: I found the reason blazer got the diamond first try, dispensers dispense items randomly, with equal probability. Will update if I think of a way to fix this.

RE-UPDATE: If you used an Ejector from IC2 (I think) it might be more reliable (not sure)

After testing, I have found that ejectors do not work :( Still trying to come up with an idea...

Okay, version 1.3.1 (Now this number is getting fancy) is up! I took care of all issues described above!

: http://www.mediafire.com/?pkr6g3wucti41i7

If you're wondering, here's how I made the diamond lever work correctly :

KwYAa.png

11wOc.png

TJ2uQ.jpg

It's pretty simple actually.The transposer takes items out of the safe in the order they're placed, puts it in the dispenser, which spits it out a fraction of second later due to the repeater. this way, I can decide in what order the dispenser... dispense.

As for the texturepack... If you think you can do it, there is no way I could even think about stopping you, go ahead.

Genius solution :) As for the texture pack I will see how much work it will be. If its too much I may just not bother.

EDIT: On a slightly related note, would you recommend I pick-up Ys: Origins on Steam? Its on sale for like 3 bucks.

Genius solution :) As for the texture pack I will see how much work it will be. If its too much I may just not bother.

EDIT: On a slightly related note, would you recommend I pick-up Ys: Origins on Steam? Its on sale for like 3 bucks.

I'd totally recommend it, one of the best RPG's I played in a while! The music is particularly amazing. But you gotta play it on hard, atleast. It's the kind of game funnier when it's really a challenge. For 3 bucks, there's no questioning it, get it :D

Just finished your map, didn't see any game breaking bugs. Looks really good and polished now. One nitpicky thing, right at the end, there is a stack of obsidian cut slabs on the ground that could be removed. (See what I mean by nitpicky lol) Great map, challenging, but not hair rippingly so and not excruciatingly long. Really great map, and you should really consider making it into some sort of full adventure. :)

Also did you update the OP with the newest version? EDIT: I see that you did :)

Just finished your map, didn't see any game breaking bugs. Looks really good and polished now. One nitpicky thing, right at the end, there is a stack of obsidian cut slabs on the ground that could be removed. (See what I mean by nitpicky lol) Great map, challenging, but not hair rippingly so and not excruciatingly long. Really great map, and you should really consider making it into some sort of full adventure. :)

Also did you update the OP with the newest version? EDIT: I see that you did :)

I was thinking about just extending the adventure out of my tower, but it really wouldn't respect the spirit of the games, where you never exited the tower for the whole game. In other words, I would like to make another tower, even higher, larger, and with more levels... And look what I came across...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/437213-worlds-how-to-have-higher-deeper-worlds/page__st__420#entry16448332

I would be very interested into making a 512 blocks high tower. Until then, I will continue updating Ys Tower, but I plan on making GravityCraft compatible with Technic somehow, and use it to make the Tower of my dreams.

Ya that's actually what I was thinking. I got Ys: Origins and really enjoyed it :). But I agree that making it a full map would not respect the concept of the game. I would love to help again (if you'll let me of course) with making the tower bigger or even making a new map. As for making Gravity compatible, you should post here in the modder's area to see if anyone could help with that (I can only do very basic coding)