HELP NEEDED, how to make auto farms without forestry

Now when forestry has been removed how do you make automatic farms? The only was i found it that works(Altought it sucks and aint effective) Is to make 2 rows of wheat and put. pistons around and water inbetween. When the wheat is full grown you activate the pistons and the wheat flows in the water into a obsidian pipe.

-Sincerly an friendly tekkit user

Now that forestry is gone the best thing to do is to look up how to build mob system. Since your going to need a ton of bone meal for most of the efficient designs. Either find a skeleton spawner to convert to a mob trap or build a traditional dark room and find a way to deal with the other drops or use EE2 if your lazy. But if you had EE2 at your disposal than you would not need a farm since a condenser and collector will take care of your farming needs.

Along with bones you will also want to get a ton of spider eyes to make weedx if you ever want to play with IC2 crops. Which I recommend as it is far more rewarding then normal farming and can be used for all your non-standard crops. However it is a lot harder to automate and is purely luck based with what you get out of it for your hard work.

As for tree farms the best way would be to build a frame system to harvest them for you. Which for it to be efficient you will need a ton of bone meal to quickly grow the trees.

That is a cool design, I take it the bottom row is for seeds, middle for bonemeal, and top row is the block breakers to harvest. Which mean the wall slowly moves up and down planting, growing, and harvesting away as it goes. Nice wiring as well and I like your use of the traditional red stone as red power is over rated some times.

It is over rated as it tends over compact and over simplify the red stone making it less impressive at times.

Why build a complex logic circuit when you can just make a single block to serve its function.

Don't get me wrong I love red power and find it to be awesome. However I tend to find traditional red stone setups or even hybrids of the 2 more impressive.