EMC Generator - The Blazerator

sancarn

Hello Technic Pack Forums!

This is my very first proper thread here and I haven't seen many threads like this, showing off an invention, around the place and therefore I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this or not sadly =/. I have been making videos for about 9 months now but all so far have been with Vanilla Minecraft. About 2 months ago I decided to start playing the Technic Pack and I haven't stopped juggling between Vanilla and Technic ever since.

Now with introductions out of the way onto the invention:

(Bare with the video. At about 16 seconds through you will get the opportunity to skip the mod briefings (which take up about 6-7 minutes of the video time) so the effective length of the video for current technic users is roughly 5 minutes long.

I have not seen this type of EMC generator before and it came to me while I was watching an episode of direwolf20's lets play where he stated 'Remember to Macerate your blaze rods, to get 5 blaze powder per rod". This sparked my imagination and I created this wonderful little machine which is tillable and generates 1500 EMC per cycle (where a cycle is the time it takes for a macerator to... well... macerate.)

Of course adding over clocker upgrades to your maceraters will shorten the cycle time allowing you to generate more EMC at the cost of more EU. Of course the best part about this is it is completely tile-able (and 1 wide) allowing you to stack many of them next to each other and generate a high volume of EMC very quickly.

I intend to make more videos in the future so keep in touch. Any feedback is much appreciated (and especially if anyone tells me which thread this sort of post belongs in!)

Thanks for reading!

Well, using 16 overclockers is actually faster than using a rotary macerator, though obviously it uses more EU (but once you've gotten, say, a MV Solar Array connected to an MFE connected to the macerator, it'll run indefinitely with no maintenance).

Nice design - Although it can be improved. For example, using a rotary macerator from advanced machines.

When I was playing on Tekkit I couldn't actually get the rotary macerator working with this design which is unfortunate =/.

@NightKev - Really? From my experiments the rotary macerator seems to macerate in about 70 milli seconds (14 ticks)

16 Overclockers takes 3 seconds per macerate doesn't it?

This way of making EMC was earlier posted by a guy named WildWaffle before the forums got an upgrade. But nice though, for people who want an explaination of how this works.

I have some rotary macerators with slots for upgrades, so I can make a special machine which automatically pumps blaze rods out of the condensor into rotary macerators and then again automatically pumped out back into the condensor. But I've used a distribution pipe to pump 2 blaze powders back into the blazepowder condensor and the rest into a serie of other condensors.

This way of making EMC was earlier posted by a guy named WildWaffle before the forums got an upgrade. But nice though, for people who want an explaination of how this works.

I have some rotary macerators with slots for upgrades, so I can make a special machine which automatically pumps blaze rods out of the condensor into rotary macerators and then again automatically pumped out back into the condensor. But I've used a distribution pipe to pump 2 blaze powders back into the blazepowder condensor and the rest into a serie of other condensors.

Yes about an hour ago I found his post on it while wondering if I was the first to invent it. Our systems are a little different yet his deals with the excess blaze powder fairly well where as mine requires a manual reset after 'n' hours of working I will probably improve mine in the future somehow but I'm going to try and keep it as compact as possible.

Is that a separate mod or something everyone can do. I don't believe distribution pipes exist in tekkt yet am I right? If so I suppose you could probably use a filter?

The distribution pipe really helps. The right amount of blaze powder goes back to be turned into blaze rods and the rest goes into whatever you want. This way there is NO overflow and there is no "reset" needed. I guess you can also do this with logistics pipes, but then I would have to reset the system by placing some excess stacks of blaze rods into the condenser which is targeting diamonds.

Hey mate, just to point out, remove your sign on your first post, or the Technic council will rain hell.

my sign?

Well, crap, it's like 10k diamonds per piece right? I mean. What about those raw materials? Like rubies, copper, tin, etc, i like ts/op's blaze to emc, but that means i have to make a harvester in the nether right?

You can use bones instead of blaze rods until you can get some blaze rods from the nether. Basically you can use bones to start off and when you have sufficient armour etc. go kill some blazes and make one of these setups =)