Howdy :)

Lothos

Yes, but I'm greedy about power. If I upgrade a panel into an array, I don't make a smaller farm. Instead, I make more panels and more arrays until I have an equally-large farm, but simply far more powerful. I'd imagine many people would prefer to make large farms to arrays anyways, which is why I could see a server banning them, unless it was a small whitelisted one.

I run a small, whitelisted server and we ban the LV/MV/HV arrays (not the individual panels) because it messes with the balance of things. While they're great for preventing lag, they are such an easy option for power gen that they quickly become the only things used.

Normally, to get 64eu from panels you need to use a /lot/ of space to place them, time to set them up and energy to move them (losses wrench). This generally makes them a LOT less practical for powering multiple quarrys or rapidly moving to new ones compared to just moving a single panel.

Basically since we have the server power to process it we ban things like teleport pipes, LV/MV/HV arrays e.t.c. And instead have people build proper pipe/cart/cable systems everywhere. The end result is a lot more building with much more varied mods.

Back when we didn't, it was always redpower watermil combos until they got enough electric engines and LV arrays to just run infinite quarrys forever. No one even /touched/ nucular because lets face it, who wants to bother with all that when one HV pannel output more EU/T then anythign but high end reactors. And is mobile.

We even experimented with ruling out ender storage this time around. People are building much more interesting sorting systems now that they can't just carry around a dozen bags of items and teleport items straight to the bases.

I think nuclear needs an increase in power output possibility to make it much more desirable over the HV arrays myself. I definitely understand the desire to see people build transport networks over teleporting though.

I think nuclear needs an increase in power output possibility to make it much more desirable over the HV arrays myself. I definitely understand the desire to see people build transport networks over teleporting though.

The highest-end nuclear outputs roughly the same amount of power as 8 HV arrays (taking the daylight cycle into account), and is so much cheaper (unless you have EE enabled) that it's somewhat ridiculous. You just need the uranium to run it, and a good breeder reactor, along with the mining to get the materials for initial construction, will take care of that.