[Help] Portcullis and Drawbridge

xanderhunter

So for the first time in a long time I decided to go with a fairly big build and do a castle. From what I have heard of it sounds like Frames from RP2 are the way to go with making these, does anyone know of a guide for making them? Searched around a bit on Google but didn't make any headway on their.

I actually did this recently on a server so I have some experience with it. the setup I used, which is by no means the best or only setup I'm sure, involves a timer, a counter, 2 AND gates, a toggle switch, and some wireless redstone that I used to activate it (I use a wireless redstone remote instead of a physical button or switch).

the basic idea is this: the timer will provide the "ticks" needed to make the frame motors move the bridge. it sends the signal to two AND gates on either side of a toggle switch. the AND gates are set to only use two inputs, which are the toggle switch, and the line from the timer. one gate is for extending the bridge, the other is for retracting it. the timer also sends those pulses to the counter. when the counter hits the max, it stops the timer. when I hit the remote, both the counter and the toggle switch receive a signal. this flips the toggle, so the bridge will go the other way and resets the counter to zero. it's very important to make sure that the decrement value on your counter is the same as the max, and that the max is the number of blocks you want your bridge to move.

here's a few screenshots of the wiring, and the bridge in action:

here's the main wiring. 1043 is the toggle bridge frequency, while 1041 and 1042 are to extend and retract it, respectively.

nmRaxh.png

the frame motors. these are facing opposite directions, of course.

Q0vYzh.png

bridge retracted

cJxVYh.jpg

bridge extended

3nh1ph.jpg

obviously, the same can be used for a vertical portcullis very easily.