Advantages of using technic launcher for vanilla?

DemonCrusher36

• Forum Administrators

Just some minor things like ram allocation. Otherwise it is there so if people want to use the launcher for Vanilla they can. It doesn't put any extra strain on us since you get the Minecraft files from minecraft.net so we put it in. Also Cheapshot drew the sweet button.

Are there any advantages of using the launcher for vanilla MC? like theres a vanilla option...

Just wondering if instead of using the normal mc launcher, i could use this one..

Well for me I use the vanilla on technic as vanilla and for my other minecraft I use it for mods that just aren't in the technic pack :(

Well for me I use the vanilla on technic as vanilla and for my other minecraft I use it for mods that just aren't in the technic pack :(

We're hoping to add a little functionality for that in the future too. A "Custom" option in the dropdown that you can mod yourself. It's on the list.

Figure they will just add another option to the current list, with a custom logo by Cheap Shot of course. Poking around some of the files it defiantly seems they plan to add new "Modpacks" (the general name for the options in the dropdown, even vanilla counts as a modpack) to the existing list.

• 1 month later...

is there a way you could get your vanilla game to work off the technic vanilla launcher? i tried simply moving the world file between the 2 saves files but that only gave me a whit screen. any help?

You should just be able to move your saves from .minecraft to .techniclauncher/vanilla/saves. If it didn't work then the the versions must not be the same.

A problem I have with the launcher is when running multiple minecraft sessions at the same time while testing my servers. It works with the vanilla client but if you try running 2 technic launchers at the same time they both crap themselves inside out and die in a bloody mess.