All 1.7.10 Modpacks tested non-functional

Amarnra

tl;dr:
My1.7.10 modpack downloaded and worked perfectly. After exiting the launcher and relaunching,  an error was recieved (see below). Now, any other 1.7.10 modpack we try has the same error. 1.6.4 Modpacks seem to work fine.

The longer story... (to see how it eventuated)

To start off, I am an inexperienced modpack maker. I merely dabbled in this in order to create a custom modpack for some friends. I "successfully" created a 1.6.4 modpack shortly before realising the mess of ID conflicts I'd have to sort through, so I migrated to 1.7.10. I created a modpack which worked, created a server and was able to join that server on local host.

Shortly thereafter I uploaded my modpack to copy.com, updated the modpack's version (as I had already uploaded a test modpack to check that the link functioned) to generate the new download link for the technic launcher. Everything downloaded smoothly, I was able to host the server and join it. I left the server, but left the launcher open.

My friends downloaded the modpack, one of which was able to successfully open the modpack to the main menu. The other, five minutes later encountered the following error (however he was using java version 7u79):

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:116) ~[Main.class:?]
    ... 6 more

We all exited out clients to see what the error, was, he had used the exact same download link as the two of us. One of my friends possibly exited the launcher and then re-entered and encountered the same error.

I had not exited the launcher at this point. I launched my modpack and it loaded perfectly. I exit the launcher in order to recreate the same conditions and then load my modpack, I encounter this same error.

The following errors were encountered on the modpack YogBox Remastered:

J8u51 (full log - could not upload to paste bin, server load too heavy)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
    ... 6 more

J7u75 (full log)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
    ... 6 more

The following errors were encountered on the modpack: LNG Realistic Life

J8u51 (full log)

[02:38:33] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    ... 6 more
[02:38:33] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager$ExitTrappedException
[02:38:33] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager.checkPermission(FMLSecurityManager.java:25)
[02:38:33] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(Unknown Source)
[02:38:33] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Unknown Source)
[02:38:33] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at java.lang.System.exit(Unknown Source)
[02:38:33] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:138)
[02:38:33] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

J7u75 (full log)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    ... 6 more
[01:58:03] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager$ExitTrappedException
[01:58:03] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager.checkPermission(FMLSecurityManager.java:25)
[01:58:03] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(Unknown Source)
[01:58:03] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Unknown Source)
[01:58:03] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at java.lang.System.exit(Unknown Source)
[01:58:03] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:138)
[01:58:03] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

I am stumped. -.-

Only 1 Java was installed at any one time if that helps.

Edited by Amarnra
Formatting

Seeing that other people have the same error. I'm guessing that its an error of one of the following sources:

• Minecraft/Mojang
  • Technic

Either way, I don't think there is much that anyone short of an employee of those places can fix.

The error began roughly 3 hours and 10 minutes prior to this post.