Tekkit Copyright?

Hi guys, are we/I allowed to monetorize tekkit videos on youtube to become a youtube partner, i know that you can with minecraft i am just wondering as tekkit is the same but different to minecraft, and it does say that it has copyright, any help would be brilliant.

Thanks

Hamish Mod Edit: See your name, over there? <- There's no need to sign your posts.

Ok thanks

ok, so that means i can do it?

You may only use it if you start (and continue to) use proper grammar and capitalization. Once you stop, your use of the Tekkit trademark will be revoked by the full armed forces of the USPTO.

NOTE - I am not affiliated with Technic or Tekkit, so I my answer should be sent directly to /dev/null.

You may only use it if you start (and continue to) use proper grammar and capitalization. Once you stop, your use of the Tekkit trademark will be revoked by the full armed forces of the USPTO.

NOTE - I am not affiliated with Technic or Tekkit, so I my answer should be sent directly to /dev/null.

I love you. XD

Questionable fascist military threats aside, you can't really trademark Tekkit because Tekkit itself is stepping into the copyrights of every mod it contains, all of which are stepping into the copyright of Mojang. If Notch were to ever stop being Notch, he could take down the entire Minecraft modding community into the internet black market.

Take for example the Forestry guy. He has the right to say how his intellectual property can and can't be used. He insisted that Tekkit can't use Forestry, but Tekkit kept using it because he can't sue them. So he took the law into his own hands and planted a virus to MAKE Tekkit remove Forestry.

So, don't worry about it.

Questionable fascist military threats aside, you can't really trademark Tekkit because Tekkit itself is stepping into the copyrights of every mod it contains, all of which are stepping into the copyright of Mojang. If Notch were to ever stop being Notch, he could take down the entire Minecraft modding community into the internet black market.

Take for example the Forestry guy. He has the right to say how his intellectual property can and can't be used. He insisted that Tekkit can't use Forestry, but Tekkit kept using it because he can't sue them. So he took the law into his own hands and planted a virus to MAKE Tekkit remove Forestry.

So, don't worry about it.

Ok thanks again :).

It was not a virus in the traditional sense - it was fairly benign but malicious running code. Should the Technic team have chosen to, there were people here willing to tweak that code out of Forestry, and they probably could have done it themselves anyway, so I don't think they were made to, per se. I just think they decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

So, Hamish, yes, monetarize away. No one's stopping you.

It was not a virus in the traditional sense - it was fairly benign but malicious running code. Should the Technic team have chosen to, there were people here willing to tweak that code out of Forestry, and they probably could have done it themselves anyway, so I don't think they were made to, per se. I just think they decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

So, Hamish, yes, monetarize away. No one's stopping you.

Ok great, thanks for all the responses, hope this is also useful to the other people who are looking for the info.