Defence

Jivaii

uh guys I've a problem just tryed makeing an Iron golem in my Technic ssp with 4 iron 1 on bottom 3 on top and tryed both pumpkin and jack o' lantern on top but it was all a no go golem didn't form did the recipe change?

uh guys I've a problem just tryed makeing an Iron golem in my Technic ssp with 4 iron 1 on bottom 3 on top and tryed both pumpkin and jack o' lantern on top but it was all a no go golem didn't form did the recipe change?

No where near enough information for us to help you. You should probably make a bug report and use the format if it's actually an issue.

There's a good chance you're using a version of Technic that is before MC1.2, so iron golems don't exist.

I think I'll have to get an Iron Golem factory going. I had a snow golem factory on a previous world that used a block breaker next to an exsisting snow golem to get snow balls. These were autocrafted up to snow blocks, and piped into stacked deployers. An EE condenser targeting pumpkins provided the head. The trick is that the deployers have to go off bottom to top, since there needs to be a place for the block to land. (snow golems were subsequently ferried up a mobavator and then thrown off a cliff into lava. For fun.

For Iron golems, I imagine that you could do something similar with the deployers, you'd just have to work the timing so that no block is trying to be placed on air. Probably bottom to top, then the arms (deployers pointing inward to the body core), and finally "I'll form the head!"

sound nice Bucc but I thin Iron golems are impossable with tekkit and technic. just start a technic game and hit F3 and you'll see its version 1.1 (BOOOOwishing for lazy modders to update) havent looked at tekkit yet so maybe with that.

sound nice Bucc but I thin Iron golems are impossable with tekkit and technic. just start a technic game and hit F3 and you'll see its version 1.1 (BOOOOwishing for lazy modders to update) havent looked at tekkit yet so maybe with that.

You're right. I forgot I wasn't playing the reccomended release. Technic 6.1.1 for 1.2.3 is pretty stable, has the increased height cap, and new mob AI. Plus it seems to run a lot smoother for me than the MC 1.1 version.