The Helen Keller Guide: How to be unkellered and preventing yourself from getting kellered again

Techpriest

I got banned for telling sexist helen keller jokes.

I was unbanned by telling cheapshot a terrible physics joke.

Moral of the story: it probably has a lot to do with the mood they're in.

PS: don't send them pics of your wang. It doesn't help, regardless of its magnificence.

I got banned for telling sexist helen keller jokes.

I was unbanned by telling cheapshot a terrible physics joke.

Moral of the story: it probably has a lot to do with the mood they're in.

PS: don't send them pics of your wang. It doesn't help, regardless of its magnificence.

I think they have gotten a little bit more strict now as well. (Not refering to my Keller I totally deserved that ;)) The only time I have seen someone remove a Keller early was with GreenWolf. He got a month or two just for necroing and Cheap figured it was overkill.

No memes: If you post up a meme, saying "OH MAI GAWD IT'S OVER 9000!" or something related to a popular meme, first, stand up, next, sit down, then, ask yourself, do "I copy other people just to become popular?" If you want to post a meme, make your own, don't go copying others.

I take disagreement with this policy. Explanation can be found more eloquently than I can provide here.

I think a better policy would be to require posts to contain content beyond just a meme. Memes aren't about being cool or hip, a lot of the time its about communicating a specific emotional response or opinion.

I take disagreement with this policy. Explanation can be found more eloquently than I can provide here.

I think a better policy would be to require posts to contain content beyond just a meme. Memes aren't about being cool or hip, a lot of the time its about communicating a specific emotional response or opinion.

I agree with the rule wholeheartedly (but I understand some of the reasons you are against it) but I doubt this is the place to discuss it so I won't go into any more detail here.

my thought on it is that if we were all reasonable and sane adults here, it wouldn't be a problem. however, we're not. the fact is that most users on these forums are going to be 12-18, and they're going to act like it. they can and will just post memes in reaction to things, which don't really foster real discussions. this is why we can't have nice things.

Bottom line is words are far less prone to misinterpretation than memes because memes seem to always have an element of humor in them, which can distort intent. Anyway, rules are never up for discussion. I recognize all the philosophical idealistic touchy-feely kumbaya arguments people bring up, to which I kindly point out this is the real world where we have to make sacrifices to make ends meet. Like the Aztecs.