rules question...

gooberlious

You have to remember people. The internet isn't a virtual American state. There are no apple pies and good ol' boys here. Just cold swift authority and Intolerance for morons and weird idiots.

I would move here if i could. I'm allergic to apples.

• Forum Administrators

Goober, you're an odd one. Plus I bet this is in the wrong board. Personally, I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to speak in third person. But whatevs. My troll senses are tingling though... a lot.

Because this is a tyrant state under the cold steel boot of authorty! also the boot is p. cool its got these bithchin buckels and shit on it its totally radmaxmium

Actually until you are 18 you have no rights. Your parents basically own you so it is what they say goes. The same thing is true if you go to a private school, since you pay to go there you have to follow all there rules.

That's ridiculous.

You have all the same rights. It's just that the school has the right to expel you as well.

That's ridiculous.

You have all the same rights. It's just that the school has the right to expel you as well.

Which fits in pretty well with the topic at hand. goober has just as much right to speak in the third person as the technic staff do to ban him for it. Why is this still a topic?

That's ridiculous.

If you pay them to be there you give up your rights. You aren't allowed a gun, you can't have free speech all the time, any rights they have they give you. A school could make it you have to be catholic to go there and it is legal because you pay them.

Which fits in pretty well with the topic at hand. goober has just as much right to speak in the third person as the technic staff do to ban him for it. Why is this still a topic?

My guess is because the discussion has been interesting and it is a decent alternative to responding to "TMI not working, plz help" post.

If you pay them to be there you give up your rights. You aren't allowed a gun, you can't have free speech all the time, any rights they have they give you. A school could make it you have to be catholic to go there and it is legal because you pay them.

Wrong on all accounts. The school cannot make you be catholic and you have all the same rights. It just has the right to kick you out for not following its rules.

What on earth would make you think a school can circumvent the constitution when not even the supreme court can.

The school has the right to expel you from the premises and that's it. You still have free speech within the premises but they have the freedom to kick you out for not following the rules.

Wrong on all accounts. The school cannot make you be catholic and you have all the same rights. It just has the right to kick you out for not following its rules.

What on earth would make you think a school can circumvent the constitution when not even the supreme court can.

The school has the right to expel you from the premises and that's it. You still have free speech within the premises but they have the freedom to kick you out for not following the rules.

I never said they would make you catholic I said you can't go there unless you are catholic. I'm guessing you went to public school because there you have all your rights. In a private school you only have rights they give you. If they say no talking you can't talk. If they say no jewish people a jewish person can't go there. I they say no guns, well then it is no guns.

I never said they would make you catholic I said you can't go there unless you are catholic. I'm guessing you went to public school because there you have all your rights. In a private school you only have rights they give you. If they say no talking you can't talk. If they say no jewish people a jewish person can't go there. I they say no guns, well then it is no guns.

You can voluntarily choose not exercise those rights in order to go to the school but the school can't take them away.

You can voluntarily choose not exercise those rights in order to go to the school but the school can't take them away.

Not sure what you are trying to say it seems like there was a typo. The way it works is once you go inside they school building it becomes there rules not America's or where ever you live. They can give you certain rights and take them away, but you have to pay them.

Not sure what you are trying to say it seems like there was a typo. The way it works is once you go inside they school building it becomes there rules not America's or where ever you live. They can give you certain rights and take them away, but you have to pay them.

Do you even know what rights are? They are protection to you from prosecution by the government. Freedom of speech for example protects you from being jailed for expressing an opinion. The school cannot take away this right. They cannot have you thrown in jail for expressing an opinion.

Do you even know what rights are? They are protection to you from prosecution by the government. Freedom of speech for example protects you from being jailed for expressing an opinion. The school cannot take away this right. They cannot have you thrown in jail for expressing an opinion.

It has nothing to do with jail. It means are you able to do something without repercussions. You get a parking ticket not thrown in jail. At a school you get thrown out.

That has nothing to do with you losing a right. It just means that the school has the right to kick you out of its own private property.

Just like I can kick you out of my house whenever I feel like it. It doesn't mean you signed away your right to free speech when entering.

That has nothing to do with you losing a right. It just means that the school has the right to kick you out of its own private property.

Just like I can kick you out of my house whenever I feel like it. It doesn't mean you signed away your right to free speech when entering.

Ok let me put it this way, the fourth amendment says you need a warrant to search something. In school a teacher can go in your locker if they feel like it, they don't need a reason.

You can tell them no and just walk away. Because you have the right. If a police officer with a warrant tells you to empty your bags then you do not have the right to walk away.

That a school has the right to decide who can and cannot be on their private property does not rob you of any factual rights. You still have every right as granted by the constitution and bill of rights.

California is the only sate with a law protecting students rights. When you apply for a school your parents who currently own your rights sign most of them away to the school while you are there. We are also talking about a private school. In private school your rights are governed by contract law. Also "In Loco Parentis" also gives away your rights.