Use of glowstone in "technology"

This isn't a big deal, but I always felt that the use of glowstone should be more of a substance used strictly in the magic side of things, and not be a prerequisite for higher tiers of machines, science, and technology.

Let's say you chose the path of science over magic... The necessity to go to the Nether and not having any process to create an earthly version that serves the same purpose kinda snaps you out of the spirit of the thing.

I mean... you have to go to hell and back to recycle trash, build scanners, and convert energy into matter?

Again, not really a problem, I deal with it, but it would be lovely to have some sort of complex process to manufacture your first units of glowstone dust (or an equivalent), even if it was expensive, you wouldn't have to go harvesting supernatural materials from another dimension...

This isn't a big deal, but I always felt that the use of glowstone should be more of a substance used strictly in the magic side of things, and not be a prerequisite for higher tiers of machines, science, and technology.

Let's say you chose the path of science over magic... The necessity to go to the Nether and not having any process to create an earthly version that serves the same purpose kinda snaps you out of the spirit of the thing.

I mean... you have to go to hell and back to recycle trash, build scanners, and convert energy into matter?

Again, not really a problem, I deal with it, but it would be lovely to have some sort of complex process to manufacture your first units of glowstone dust (or an equivalent), even if it was expensive, you wouldn't have to go harvesting supernatural materials from another dimension...

Well, if you try to see the Nether portal more as a wormhole to another galaxy, it's nearer to sci-fi than "supernatural". I like wormholes.

tekkit/config/IC2.cfg"enableCraftingGlowstoneDust=true/false"

I would have never guessed there was even an option for it...

That leaves me wondering now, are there recipes or fabricator items for mob drops like the ender pearls, blaze rods, slime balls, and spider eyes?