Adventure Time! [with Finn and Jake]

liXiomm

Hey, this is kind of weird, but do any of you other regulars on this forum like

ADVENTURE TIME?

It's a really cool show to me. If you guys are interested in it too, maybe we could have a little chat about character discussion and such. This is off-topic, after all. Anyway, what do you guys think of Finn's current situation? (As of Hot to the Touch) What do you think Burning Low, the upcoming episode on Monday, will be like? You know, if one of my best friends would be from AT, it would probably be Jake or Marceline (Jake being the dog and Marceline being the vampire)... What about you guys? Anyone? Heh... Unless you don't like kid shows, in that case we could talk about How I Met Your Mother! :D

Lewl, I actually Laughed Out Loud! Really! I didn't just say it, I actually -

No, but it really is pretty funny. I love the Jake pawing at the bed. I'm just a (age withheld)-year old though, so I don't know how old the mods and any of the other regulars on the forum are. (I'm kind of young.)

I guess nobody really knows about the show here, then, but

Hey! Maybe there's an Adventure Time forum or something! :D Idea!

Anyway, I'm gonna go hunt for one, happy posting :P

Im not a fan of adventure time, or that other show that all the adventure time folks seem to like. something about a pancake?

Anyway, Xylord, that whole coma thing has been the 9gag/reddit/4chan explanation for almost every weird cartoon in the last decade. Some of them even have entertaining writings that go with them (the pokemon one was good.)

Im not a fan of adventure time, or that other show that all the adventure time folks seem to like. something about a pancake?

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack? (At least I think that's what it was called)

I'm kind of indifferent to both of them, Adventure Time certainly has its moments but the show as a whole tends to be hit or miss. Flapjack was a little too inconsistent for my taste, it seemed to see-saw back and forth between really strange humour + characters and more traditional gags. Also it just kind of dropped off the radar without any resolution if I remember correctly. As far as I know they're both a step above the few other western animated original series that are out there right now.

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack? (At least I think that's what it was called)

That's the one.

As far as I know they're both a step above the few other western animated original series that are out there right now.

i agree, but i really don't think it's saying much.

That's the one.

i agree, but i really don't think it's saying much.

It's not at all. The shows that my nephews (6-7 years old) watch nowadays are plain retarded. Not the good kind of retard (Spongebob Square Pants :D ), but the bad one (Jersey Shore D: ). It's a bit depressing. Not like it affects me, anyway, most of the audio-visual media I absorb nowadays comes from Japan.

I dunno, i got tired of japanese stuff too. The odd gem filters over, but it seems to all be just a different shade of retarded to me. Better off cherrypicking the best stuff from all around.

If my internet was up to snuff, I'd just get all my media needs from streaming services like Hulu and Netflix. Typical dish/cable companies are getting outdated pretty quickly when they charge you for hundreds of channels that you'll never touch (Although I hear Comcast on-demand is half decent, does anyone know if they offer a package which includes only that service?)

It's not at all. The shows that my nephews (6-7 years old) watch nowadays are plain retarded. Not the good kind of retard (Spongebob Square Pants :D ), but the bad one (Jersey Shore D: ). It's a bit depressing. Not like it affects me, anyway, most of the audio-visual media I absorb nowadays comes from Japan.

Your 6-7 year-old nephews are watching Jersey Shore!!! Sir, you need to do something about that. If they watch a certain show I'm not even going to mention (maybe you can guess what I'm talking about), I would have a heart attack. Seriously, that's not good. But what can ya do, I guess... Oh and I agree, Spongebob was the best, still watch it a lot :D

Your 6-7 year-old nephews are watching Jersey Shore!!! Sir, you need to do something about that. If they watch a certain show I'm not even going to mention (maybe you can guess what I'm talking about), I would have a heart attack. Seriously, that's not good. But what can ya do, I guess... Oh and I agree, Spongebob was the best, still watch it a lot :D

Good lord, don't worry, I had all my family remove MTV from their channels, but even then the "average" cartoon is just as bad. Not as horridly vulgar and insulting to human dignity as Jersey Shore, but about just as stupid.

Good lord, don't worry, I had all my family remove MTV from their channels, but even then the "average" cartoon is just as bad. Not as horridly vulgar and insulting to human dignity as Jersey Shore, but about just as stupid.

Eh, I get what you're saying, man. (I don't want to say "bro" since I'm probably younger than you, since I don't have nephews and I CERTAINLY couldn't be trusted with being a moderator [to you mods out there :D, I probably would be some kind of hate machine]... But really, that's just stupid, 6 year olds, MTV, ya know.

Oh well. I recognize amongst my middle-school peers that profanity and obscenity are becoming the norm trash on TV these days, plus reality crap. Best you can do is ignore it these days and hope nobody goes on about whatever's on Jersey Shore or that other show.