SMP seems to have issues on our server that SSP does not.

Hello, everybody. My circle of friends has a small Tekkit server running, and we've run into some issues. The modpack works BEAUTIFULLY in SSP. But, when we play on our server, lots of things don't work properly. If it was just a bug or two, I'd report it in the bug forum. But, LOTS of things seem wrong, so I'm thinking it's a bigger issue, not actually a bug with the Tekkit pack.

For instance, pedestals don't have an active animation. Right-clicking them activates them, but they don't light on fire. The Rings with left-click functions (Zero Ring, for example) don't work properly. Left-clicking produces the sound, but no effect. When we spawned The End, we found our Obsidian platform suspended in the middle of literally nothing. No Endstone, no Ender Dragon, no nothing. Flying around, the End did not exist. There are sound issues with many of the machines. The Watch of Flowing Time doesn't have all of the effects that it should.

These are just a few of the various things we've seen on this server.

We've tried a few things to fix these issues, with very limited success:

By reverting from the developmental build to the recommended build, we now have a functioning End, complete with an Ender Dragon. But, it appears the other issues are still present. We tried restarting the server from scratch, but it didn't fix anything.

We're not running any plugins on the server. To my knowledge, the only thing we've done is disable NetherOres.

So, basically, we're trying desperately to figure out why we're seeing these issues and how we can rectify it, but we've run out of ideas. I'm willing to bet that these aren't bugs that everyone playing SMP has to deal with, so it's SOMETHING on our end. Does anyone happen to have any idea what we could do about it? Is there any additional information I should give?

Thank you.

When we spawned The End, we found our Obsidian platform suspended in the middle of literally nothing. No Endstone, no Ender Dragon, no nothing.

Think this might be a bug in Tekkit 3.1.1. I just ran into this issue with an unmodified Tekkit version.

I always assumed visual effects issues was just apart of being SMP. Pipes and such don't always update correctly but have confirmed that containers are receiving items.

I have ran into sound issues a few times, re-installing client always fixed it for me.

Been searching some of the newer mods forums' with any posts that cause The End not to generate correctly, no luck yet.

Hmm. So, the issue with The End is a problem with 3.1.1. Isn't that version about to become the recommended version? That seems like a fairly big bug to ignore.

As for the visual bugs, you said it's just because it's SMP? Huh. It's really that widespread? It seems like a sticky with a list of "These are the bugs we have to deal with, don't bother reporting them" would be prudent. :P

• 5 weeks later...

When we spawned The End, we found our Obsidian platform suspended in the middle of literally nothing. No Endstone, no Ender Dragon, no nothing. Flying around, the End did not exist. There are sound issues with many of the machines.

Thank you.

I experienced the same thing. I left my nuclear power plant and a small group of MV solar arrays humming away, and a rather large quarry, put on my full quantum armor and set out with a handful of Ender Eyes. I reached the stronghold, and activated the portal. I did not intend to enter, but jumped down on to the edge of it. Apparently that was enough. As you said, I appeared in the middle of nowhere. There was a huge oil geyser nearby, and nothing else. I finally threw all my stuff into a chest (forgetting my armor!), and jumped to my death. I'm now back in the normal world. ~sigh~

I'm thinking to gather up a few tools and resources and start again somewhere far away... Or should I just make a new world? Hmm.

That was a bit disappointing.