Computercraft would be amazinger if it could transmit wirelessly

ChrisImmortal

What do you guys think, wouldn't computercraft be one of the awesomest mods ever if it worked together with the wireless redstone mod? Right now computercraft can give a redstone signal off on any of its 6 sides on command, so you could make a limited machine control panel. If it could send a wireless signal over any frequency with the wireless redstone mod, you could control all of your machines from one computer! Does anyone else have a good idea about what they would do if computercraft transmitted wirelessly?

All of this is possible with the technic pack. The computer won't send directly but you can turn on wireless transmitters with it.

Wireless modems have been added to computercraft 1.3. Also little robots called turtles that can build, mine, dance, and drop tnt from the heavens.

Wireless modems have been added to computercraft 1.3. Also little robots called turtles that can build, mine, dance, and drop tnt from the heavens.

What version of computercraft is in Technic 6?

And also guys I know you can turn on wireless transmitters with the computer but isn't the amount you can have controlled by a single computer very limited because it needs to associate each transmitter with one side?

And also guys I know you can turn on wireless transmitters with the computer but isn't the amount you can have controlled by a single computer very limited because it needs to associate each transmitter with one side?

are you really planning on having more than six machine setups?

Also, you could totally use data transfer cables to cause another computer to activate redstone signals. It would be more complicated, but definitely possible.

I can see myself having several machine setups, especially because of forestry. Also, I don't know a lot about computercraft so thanks for telling me about data transfer cables. All I'm really familiar with in computercraft is that you can make password locks and pulse redstone. I've heard about turtles and floppy disks or whatever, so I guess I should look into this mod some more.

It is 1.21, I was saying that more just to point out that enough people liked the idea that it is now a part of the mod.

Could that work in reverse to get status messages from distant machines? (IE, finished)

I don't believe it can currently get any exact details from the machines (like "this quarry is 30% complete.") so you would have to make your own device to seen a redstone pulse when pulse in some measurable format (like a redstone timer synced to the average fuel drain of the device) then have a code on the computer interpret that pulse as a status ("50% Fuel reserves remaining, Estimated remaining operating time is..."). Some machines might output a palse at certain points that you can measure though (like the 2nd and 3rd tier Crucible's 90% full warning system).

Not very familiar with Computercraft an such (That goes waaaaay over my head.)

But you might be able to use a Buildcraft Gate of some sort, have it emit a redstone signal if machine 'has no work', and set up a system to send the the proper signal to a computer that makes it put a read out.

Or something like that, Computercraft and Buildcraft both confuse the hell out of me, Industrialcraft is the only 'technical' I can manage with any sort of reliability

Not very familiar with Computercraft an such (That goes waaaaay over my head.)

But you might be able to use a Buildcraft Gate of some sort, have it emit a redstone signal if machine 'has no work', and set up a system to send the the proper signal to a computer that makes it put a read out.

Or something like that, Computercraft and Buildcraft both confuse the hell out of me, Industrialcraft is the only 'technical' I can manage with any sort of reliability

As far as I know for the CC part of that is you just need to make a program to listen for that pulse and turn it into something readable then listen again. I can do some pesudo code (this is not lua, it will not work):

redwire.orangelisten()

redwire.bluelisten()

if redwire.orangerecived(1)

then text.display("Machine is out of work. Refill and press reset.")

if redwire.bluerecived(1)

then text.display("Machine is working...")

loop

That is just an example of how I would imagine the code would work, I don't actually know lua yet and those API calls are not right, it is just to show all the programming side would do is:

• [li]Listen for the "done" signal on some orange wire and a "reset" signal on a blue wire.[/li]
    [li]It then displays some human readable text depending on which pulse it gets.[/li]
    [li]Finally it will loop and return to listening when done.[/li]

BTW You can send 65536 different signal combinations and receive 65536 different signal combinations. Sorry I didn't show you the other side my communications tower.

[img width=750]

Its very similar, but the input and output are connected to 2 different sides of my computer.

My plan for receiving a response back from my machines to my control desk was to use those cool redpower lights, and when they get a signal sent wirelessly from the machine that it is done working, or something over there (so many possibilities) the light could go off. I thought it would look pretty cool. Also, it sounds like this computercraft mod is way more advanced than I had assumed. Based on some crappy mod spotlights I watched I was given the idea that you could just lock doors (which i find pointless) or make a dispenser on the left or right give you something via redstone. I think I'll go look for the wiki to learn the full potential.

My plan for receiving a response back from my machines to my control desk was to use those cool redpower lights, and when they get a signal sent wirelessly from the machine that it is done working, or something over there (so many possibilities) the light could go off. I thought it would look pretty cool. Also, it sounds like this computercraft mod is way more advanced than I had assumed. Based on some crappy mod spotlights I watched I was given the idea that you could just lock doors (which i find pointless) or make a dispenser on the left or right give you something via redstone. I think I'll go look for the wiki to learn the full potential.

If you turn on an additional API you can even have it access the REAL internet, so you could even set up an IRC network and talk to people in other Minecraft worlds.

Most the mod spotlights are by people who can't code to well and thus make the very simple door script which is something like this is my incorrect form of pseudo code:

Password = "LinkthegamerIsLazy"

GetInput(pass)

if Pass == Password

then Redpulse.on(Left)

Look around youtube among all of the videos of the adventure game that comes with it there are people who coded there own OS to manage all their pipe systems.