Quarries randomly stop working?

I recently built a set of four buildcraft quarries. I have solar panels (10 LV) connected to a IC2 -> BC power converter that is in turn connected to my quarries. I have the quarries depositing into buffer chests that are then emptied by RP filters and sorted by RP sorting machines into chests. I also have a railcraft world anchor in there to keep it loaded.

The problem is that the quarries will mine down for about 20-30 layers, then randomly quit. The mining drills are still extended and stay where they left off. The quarries are still supplied with power. I have no idea what makes them stop mining.

Pictures:

Overview:

20120804021835.png

Overview #2:

20120804021846.png

Bluetricity generation to power RP sorting machines:

20120804021912.png

RP timer to power RP filters and sorting machines. Filters pull from buffer chests:

20120804021919.png

Power line from solar panels feeding power converter, in turn powering BC quarries:

20120804021933.png

Ok, find any fixes yet... or are people just ignoring us?

Really? Some people sleep at certain times, and no one is obliged to help you, even slightly.

This could be a BuildCraft issue. You could be running into lava. Quarries may now have a height limit, for all I know.

I'd like to apologixe for spongey's comment, I'm not affiliated with him.

In reply to Torezu, I'm not hitting lava. The problem seems to be the IC2 -> BC power converter. When I run a quarry with a normal combustion engine, it will run until it hits bedrock.

So if anyone has a fix, that would be great news. But until then I'll do it the old-fashioned way =P

I run my quarries on a power converter, and those quarries are 60x60 area. Are you just using 10 basic solar panels to power 4 quarries? it could be that quarries use slightly more power as they get deeper and this pushes power need higher than generation. Try with a few HV solar arrays (512EU/t per array, I have 20 of these powering everything) and see if that fixes your problem.

Also, teleporter pipes, normal and conductive, allow fully moveable quarries without having to move sorting or power generation.

RESOLVED

I figured out my problem. And I'm feeling kinda' derpy.

The problem was a result of World Guard. Turns out that a quarry built outside a region will not mine inside a region. And a quarry built inside a region will not leave the region. My problem was the latter.

Thanks for the help. Someone can close this now if they want.

RESOLVED

I figured out my problem. And I'm feeling kinda' derpy.

The problem was a result of World Guard. Turns out that a quarry built outside a region will not mine inside a region. And a quarry built inside a region will not leave the region. My problem was the latter.

Thanks for the help. Someone can close this now if they want.

That's hilarious. Thanks for posting the root cause. :)