Custom modpack: generating the world shutdowns my PC

ailes50

Hello there, i'm totally lost, i've never seen this kind of problem before, i'm actually building the version 2 of my personal modpack (V1 can be found here http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/comoys-bigpack.534311   )

so, i updated all mods, adding others ect, (i removed minefactory because there was compatibility problems) so now, my modpack is up to date, and ready to go, no more crashes or problem while loading up, go to minecraft main menu, "nice it works!"

But, when i try to generate a new world, it seems to look fine for some minutes but then the computer shutdown itself, i tried several times on different computers, and it's always the same problem
If you can help me, that would be really awesome, because i've never seen this before

You can download the actual version of my modpack here

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/comoys-bigpack-v2.740305
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo8ect9umiyebte/modpack.zip?dl=0

Thanks for your help !

EDIT : As long as my computer shutdowns, the platform do not save any kind of logs

Edited by ailes50

The server thread is stalling. It doesn't create the world and it's becoming out of sync with the client thread.

It certainly doesn't power off my pc. If it does with your idk what's happening.

My advice would be to reset all configs and update all mods + Forge, there's no indication what mod does that.

Well, i'll try doing a fresh instal tomorrow, maybe after multiple tests, somme configs file said stop 

Thank you for your help by the way do you know any Fix to solve my problem with minefactory? When it's in the mods folder the world don't even try to create. I think it's a compatibility problem but I don't know how to fix it

Edited by ailes50

OK, so I made a fresh install of the pack and I saw a problem with compact machine that's why you were unable to generate a new world, so I made another fresh install without this mod so there is no problem starting generating the world, but if you do so, I promise, your computer will shutdown 

Gonna give it a go. In the mean time I need you take a look here for various places you can get help with modpack making.

Still stalling when generating the world. Did you change the modpack page to point to the new modpack version? Did you increase the version number?

The modpack url is now set to:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo8ect9umiyebte/modpack.zip?dl=1

Is that the right file?

Yes it is, i just didn't update it as long as i just removed compact machine from the mod folder right after a fresh install, but it doesn't really matter, because i just noticed (and my computer powered off again), if you try to launch the modpack once more, (with and without compact machine) it will not longer stale when generating the world, but after few seconds of working, the world generation will bug and that's when my PC shutdowns

EDIT:
Well, something really weird just hapenned, i was quietly playing version one of my modpack to calm down a little bit (V1 that should "perfectly" work (at least it did for month)) and my PC powered off as i was killing a sheep, so i might have a problem with my computer's component (i hope i don't) or a problem with JAVA...

Can you at least tell me if V2 (the one you already downloaded) works for you? it might be working as long i think i'm the only one who have this kind of problems with JAVA here

Edited by ailes50

Hey i found where the problem came from, my CPU is a little bit old and the fan is REALLY dusty, and it can't excess 80°C of heat temperature so i left my computer case open and i cleaned the fan, so now it cool a little bit faster and my PC no longer shutdowns.

so i could read the log and the problem was from AetherCraft (java was doing an error but it was stuck on it and it was trying to do it in an infinite while so my CPU overheated)
Now the modpacks works (except for some NEI functions) and is up to date! thanks a lot :) !